Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2020

I would never have considered staying at an 'Eco-lodge' but this place is great.
Super friendly hosts, amazing scenery, peaceful and beautiful gardens.
The facilities are simple, clean, well maintained, and sustainable.
Time has been taken to ensure all accommodation has great outlooks, being surrounded by nature really helps. Most of the accommodation is nestled amongst the trees but dotted around the gardens to make sure everyone has their own space.
My daughter and I stayed in a yurt (well worth doing, you're not 'roughing it' in the slightest.. It was fantastic. Yurts, teepees, and other options available. Comfortable beds with clean bedding, towels provided. The gardens have a few communal facilities that are beautifully arranged, but there are many little spots where you can make yourself comfortable, settle down with a book and completely unwind. J & J take all the stress away as soon as you arrive with a tour of the facilities. Its just an amazing place to visit and relax in.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 7 April 2019

I booked this months before we left for NZ and was so excited about all it had to offer. When we arrived the rest of my family was not as excited as I was. I guess I didn't explain it very well. We have a 13 year old daughter that was googling hotels nearby as fast as she could. I talked them all down and we stayed. We were all so happy we did. We were mostly there by ourselves. we cooked a lovely dinner in the garden kitchen. Had so many laughs with the very friendly donkeys and a peaceful nights sleep in the Yurt. we woke to the amazing songs of the local birds. It was such a unique off the grid experience. There is zero light polution so the stars were amazing. It was the end of our trip and such a great place to close the trip. Truly NZ. Our hosts were so lovely. Not for everyone really, but if you appreciate the natural world you will love it here.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

Spent the night with my hubby in a Yurt. It was like sleeping in a fairytale. Hidden away in the bush, waking to the bird call, cicadas and fresh air. Lots of little nooks and crannies to sit and explore and feels like you are the only ones there. It’s eco so not all the creature comfortable of a hotel but all very clean , and an experience not to miss. Will be back. As soon as you arrive all stresses and worries disappear and you just naturally slow down to Okuti time. A Recommend from me.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We only stayed one night at Okuti garden and I wish we could have known how wonderful a place it is beforehand (didn't check Trip Advisor) as we could have happily passed many days there.
Our two year old daughter was enchanted with endless paths to follow and flowers to smell.
Our yurt was great and fit the three of us perfectly.
I envy anyone heading there now!! Enjoy!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PB_Fahy
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Our family group stayed in wonderful Yurts on this idyllic site and we had a lovely time despite the weather which was cool and a bit showery - but this is NZ and you take the weather as it comes.

The Yurt provides much more space and comfort than a tent, and the bed was comfortable and warm.

The open air communal kitchen worked well, and as this is a small site it was not difficult to make and eat meals. There are fridges and internet near the kitchen in the aptly named ‘Internet Shed’

The solar shower was very good.

Lovely people too. All to be recommended.

Date of stay: January 2018