“Most recent visit”

Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, New Zealand, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Named after the original walnut trees that lined the entrance to the winery, lunch at our Twelve Trees Restaurant is a must for visitors, and locals alike. The great food and relaxing atmosphere, whether in the sheltered courtyard, or inside by the fire, provide a warm welcome. Menus change seasonally to reflect Head Chef, Matt Gibson's simple food philosophy "fresh & local". However a couple of signature dishes, including the Seafood Chowder, which has become a local favourite, remain on the menu year round. Come in and try it with the delicious Wallops Chardonnay!
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Have been to Twelve Trees a few times over the past three years and always very satisfied. I hate to say this but our most recent visit (late October) was not as good. Staff, location, food items and service were all good but like a previous reviewer we were disappointed with the size of the portions on the new menu. I don't generally have room for dessert but this visit was definitely an exception. Would still go back but .....

Kylie C, Guest Relations Manager at Twelve Trees, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review. It's always great to hear from our regular customers. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding portion size on your latest visit. This is definitely something we have looked at and have adapted accordingly. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Popped into do some Wine Tasting at Alan Scott and then decided to stay and have Lunch at their Twelve Trees Restaurant.
I asked the Manager if they catered to Vegan/Vegetarian requirements as there was nothing really on the menu for me.
She was polite and said she would ask the Chef but was busy right now if I wouldn’t mind waiting?
My husband and I were doing a Wine Tasting in the Wine shop so that wasn’t a problem.
When she did come back she was a little frizzled and stressed and said they could do two things…..both of which didn’t really appeal to me.
So wasn’t really keen to stay there and eat.
Due to the super friendly and very knowledgeable wine tasting lady “Pauline” who was an absolute delight and very helpful. We decided to stay and have lunch.
I spoke with the waitress and asked her if the chef could make me a selection of vegetables and salad. Selecting from items that were already on the menu in other dishes.
This wasn’t a problem and my meal was created……I guess this was easier for the chef me telling him what I wanted…..plus the rush hour was over and they weren’t so busy.
Our meals arrived my husband with his Venison and my vegetable dish. However both these meals where extremely small portions and not good value for money.
My husband was still very hungry afterwards. Both meals were more entrée size portions and not a main size. We didn’t think it was good value for your money but it was very tasty.
Neither one of us would rush back there for a meal, but glad we went and tried it. If you like small portions you will enjoy.

Kylie C, Guest Relations Manager at Twelve Trees, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your tasting with Pauline, and I have passed on your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback about our new menu. It appears you were here the weekend we switched to the new menu, so your comments are valued, as we iron out the few kinks that are inevitable with change. We do hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We have visited this restaurant several times over the years and it always meets or exceeds our expectations on each visit. Our latest was no exception. It was a cooler day, so we ordered the FABULOUS seafood chowder. Undoubtedly the best we have ever tasted! With a beautiful setting, great wine, and friendly helpful staff, this restaurant rates as a must visit if you are in the Blenheim area.

Kylie C, Guest Relations Manager at Twelve Trees, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Gosh, thank you for your lovely review. Yes, our Seafood Chowder has been a favorite for many since we opened 25+ years ago. I'm pleased you enjoyed it too. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Twelve Trees after various comments on their chowder -wow, not disappointed at all. It was filling and full of generous seafood. My partner had the salmon which was also amazing. This little place is well worth visiting. We did a wine tasting also and the wines were all lovely. Very happy!

Kylie C, Guest Relations Manager at Twelve Trees, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thanks for your great review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience with us - yes, our chowder is a favorite for many. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Glad we stopped here for lunch - decor at atmosphere were very cosy, especially on a windy day! Had a walk through the outdoor area which was gorgeous as well (I imagine even more so on a sunny day).

Generous serving sizes and hearty menu to choose from. Menu also offers wine suggestions to go with your meal!

My fiancé had the mussels which were tasty and certainly abundant - you will not go hungry with this dish!
I had the seafood chowder which was simply amazing - so much flavour! Would definitely come back if in the area again.

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us, and we do hope to see you again.