“Fun day, Fun people”

Highlight Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 39 Food & Drink in Blenheim
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This tour started at 10 and ended after 5. We toured 5 wineries. Our guide, Colleen, was very friendly and informative and set a relaxing, fun atmosphere right from the get go. We had fun talking to the others on our tour especially at our lunch at one of the wineries. It was a good learning experience and we estimated we got over 40 tastes of wine during the day. Great fun!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The driver Dave (not the owner Dave) was very nice and helpful. Knowledge level of wine and wineries very good. We asked to visit vineyards that are award winning and small in size with more character and were very satisfied with the itinerary.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an amazing time on this tour. Larissa was bubbly, well-versed in wines and extremely accommodating. I really enjoyed that she took us to lots of family-owned vineyards and it was nice that she chose vineyards that she likes herself. She let us take our time at each place and asked whether we wanted to visit other places such as chocolate tasting and the little village. The vineyards we visited were staffed by lovely people and I felt that they all went out of their way to make our experience the best it could be. Lunch at Wairau River was delicious. Loved the Rolling Stones on the drive back too! I wish we could have spent several more days at the vineyards, so many wines to taste!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Yesterday was the 4th time we (Sandy and Kim) have been on a wine tour in Blenheim.We not only had the good fortune to have David as a guide but also a very special group of like minded people.We have not laughed so much and enjoyed the company of complete strangers so much for a very long time.Also the wine is very good and David is very informative and professional,thank you to David and the fab group of people we shared a day we will long remember.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

How can you not love a day out in a cute Combi, tasting beautiful wines in a gorgeous part of NZ, spending time with the fabulous Colleen?

This tour was well-organised, personal, friendly, accommodating and heaps of fun. We visited five vineyards, stopping off for lunch at the exquisite Wairau River Wines, making it just the right amount of different places. The pace was relaxed, at no point were we rushed - in fact we were constantly reminded that this was our day and to just enjoy it!

I have been on several great wine tours across NZ but this one was a standout favourite for me. I will be returning for more trips out with Highlight whenever I'm back in the area!