See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We booked a two bedroom place. Very spacious and clean however it is a bit old and run down. 15mins walk to town centre or about a 3 minute drive. One downside was the Internet. Was given 1GB for the whole stay but you can only connect three devices and we are a family of 4 so wasn't enough internet for us and not enough devices.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Room was dated and in serious need of renovations. However, bed was very comfortable and service was excellent.
Kitchen facilities were ok except no frypan (which I didn't find out until after I had bought steak for dinner) and the utensils looked to be from the early 80s.
Probably a little over priced given the options in town but still a pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

We chose this motel as we were told by the tourist information centre that most hotels would be booked out due to flower festival, this motel still had vacancies and it was close to Main Street. I got a strange vibe from the motelier right away and I was reluctant to stay but didn't know if we would find anything else. He was nice enough but seemed totally perplexed that every other motel was booked out! The rooms were average with small kitchenette in room. The large glass sliding door leading into the room was very open to other people and guests around the motel and didn't offer any privacy unless you closed the curtains right across then you had to put the lights on. The unit across was only about 12 feet away and we could see into each other's rooms. Outside each of the units was a small table and chairs and a pot with sand in it that indicated it was for cigarette butts. My partner who is a smoker checked some of the others and there were butts in there so he sat outside to have a cigarette. Within 5 mins the motel owner came out and asked my partner to move away as he didn't want cigarette smoke going in the rooms. It was as if he had been watching us from his unit because he could not have seen this otherwise. The wifi was a joke and we were too scared to use it in case we got charged for extra usage. He told us we would go through the allowed 500mb just by going on Facebook for a minute so it seemed too much hassle. I wouldn't recommend this place and there are plenty other places to stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2016

We stayed at 193 Aorangi for a couple of nights whilst visiting Marlborough wineries. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. There was a separate kitchen, bathroom, toilet and bedroom off the main lounge area. It was more like a mini apartment with parking right next to the room. It was lovely at the end of the day to sit outside the room and have a quiet drink. the owners are very nice and helpful (especially when we had an accident with a bottle of red wine!!). The motel is a few blocks from the centre of Blenheim and is an easy walk. We would definitely stay at 193 Aorangi again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

My first experience with this motelier nearly had me saying "Don't bother", but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. When I rang to book, he asked more questions than I have struck in my many motel bookings. I gather this was to pre-complete the form that you normally fill in on arrival. His final telephone comment was about the cancellation policy of 48 hours and telling me that if I didn't turn up he'd have the money anyway. I understand about cancellation policies, but his approach to this came across more like a threat. When I arrived, I was given the pre-completed form to check. I ticked the newspaper box, only to be told I couldn't have a newspaper as they hadn't done it for 3 years. There was a most confusing statement on the counter about free wifi and when I attempted to clarify it (500mb over two devices) I was told it was 500mb per stay, not per day, and any excess was charged to the account. I was given a code to use to establish how much I had used, but it appeared to be an IP address, and certainly didn't tell me how much I had used. To add insult to injury, I only had 1 bar of wifi from our unit, so it was a waste of time. I always feel that subsequent nights are a bonus to moteliers, as they don't do a full clean or change of sheets, so to be told I could only have one allocation of wifi was annoying. We also only got one lot of plunger coffee. If you're travelling in anything other than a micro car, do discuss this on booking, as the park we had was a nightmare to get in and out of when there was another car parked in their park. On a positive, the bed was comfortable, there was a fan (it was a very hot room and only one window had a security stay on it), and the towels were nice and fluffy.

I would not stay here again, and nor would I recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for an easy access car park
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business