“A hidden gastronomic gem in Welly”
Review of Cafe On Plimmer

Cafe On Plimmer
Ranked #370 of 979 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: Barista Prepared Coffee, Breakfast and Lunch in the heart of Wellington CBD.
Reviewed 6 May 2016

I've been buying my date scone from this cafe and honestly, they have the best date scone- crunchy outside, soft inside and filled with many chunks of dates.

Today, I had their carbonara pasta for lunch. Decent serving size, had to take away half of it. Creamy; lots of bacon strips and mushrooms and parmesan; pasta cooked to perfection!

They have other fare in the blackboard menu. I heard the chicken burger is also a favourite!

If you're looking for a quiet place to have lunch, try this cafe... up the famous Plimmer Steps. You can stop on the way up to pose with the now 'famous' statue of Mr John Plimmer and his dog.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Lovely work breakfast with work colleagues. I enjoyed the eggs bennie I ordered because the bacon was so crispy. Very friendly service.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

A small coffee shop with great food and coffee and so handy to the Travel Lodge Hotel.
We had breakfast here and was so handy and the staff were very good

1  Thank Keith P
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This a nice quiet cafe tucked away off Plimmer Steps. Lovely food on blackboard menu and in the cabinets. I decided to have a change and choose something from the cabinet for breakfast. I enjoyed my salmon tart so much that I bought another one to takeaway. My colleagues enjoyed their choices of eggs bennie and vegetarian omelette.

1  Thank Talaleu