“Excellent Lunch”

Ministry of Food Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #654 of 960 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Description: A cafe haven in the CBD with a sunny outdoor terrace, warm friendly staff and SKY Sports. We offer good value food, craft beers and an excellent selection of NZ and Aussie wines, by the bottle or glass. We take bookings for large and small groups. Available for private hire in the weekend.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Went to MOF for lunch. Staff were courteous, gave really good advice and seemed happy in their work.
The pan-fried fish was divine as was the coffee. Absolutely a place I would recommend.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The service was good and food pretty nice but not worth the cost. Overpriced for what you get! Won't be returning here.

Tobatown, Owner at Ministry of Food Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Hello Kirsten,

I am sorry that you felt your food wasn't worth the cost and I am sorry that we didn't find out about and rectify your concerns at the time.

It is very important for us to respond to your feedback. I have spoken to my head chef and he has said it is quite possible that the chef made a mistake with the portioning. We recently have had a change of one of our chefs and this may have been the case here.

If you have the time could you please let me know the dish you ordered that you felt you didn't get good value for? I would very much appreciate further information on what you purchased and if there is anything I can do to help remedy your experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were flagging from all the carb related food we've eaten in NZ, so stopped here on recommendation. Had a fabulous local fish dish with lots of additional green veg. Thanks chef!!

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It really does mean a lot to the team. They very much care about our customers experience and will be thrilled to see your kind words.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Caught up with a friend there and was completely knocked out by the Casalingo pizza. Amazingly yummy. The whole feel of the place has improved since they have taken over. The service was great, the food was great and my only little grumpy point is that the menus are creased, dirty and tired looking. Sort that out and it's a place I would recommend whole heartedly. I will be back for the Casalingo.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

A great place to have a drink or stop for a meal. We did both. It was busy when we guest arrived with end of work day drinkers but cleared quite quickly which left us able to find a quiet table to have dinner. We all ordered different meals and were all impressed. A nice atmosphere too. Only thing I would have liked was a bit more table service as we had to go to the bar to order extra drinks . Not that we can't get to the bar - just that someone coming to ask would have been nice.

Hi Helan,

Thanks for the great review and I am really pleased to see you enjoyed your time in our restaurant / bar. I wanted to let you know that I acknowledge your feedback about the service and have spoken to evening shift manager. The staff are really pleased to see the nice words you have written and very much understand the need to keep improving!