“A little treasure ”

Hillside Kitchen and Cellar
Ranked #182 of 1,063 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$3 - US$56
Description: Modern New Zealand restaurant focusing on local produce.
Description: Modern New Zealand restaurant focusing on local produce.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I've always loved coming here but she'd to try it out since it went meatless. Decided to go for a family dinner. It was definitely an experience. Got the 5 plate menu and while the plates seems small once all added up it was the right amount to me. What they can do with vegetables is incredible and very artistic. We had a toddler and a baby with us, probably recommend as an adult only dinner but they catered well considering. Love their homemade sourdough bread, absolutely amazing.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We heard this Restaurant was going fully vegetarian in September and wanted to support it. Wellington needs high quality vegetarian restaurants. I am vegetarian and my patner is dairy free. We let them know when we booked on line. When we arrived we were each presented with a menu to meet our dietary needs. We had a four course meal each dish was superb in both presentation and taste. The staff were very very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended if you want to treat yourself to a special night out.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I shared a delicious brunch with a friend - sitting in the window with the sun streaming in. A lovely way to spend an hour or so. On booking, I mentioned that one of us was intolerant to garlic. Upon arrival, they had a special menu which was 'garlic safe'. Very thoughtful. thank you.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I wanted to take my WN Mum somewhere neither of us had been to celebrate her birthday. Having read David Burton's review the week before Hillside Kitchen seemed the perfect choice. I was a little concerned that it may be a bit crammed which wasn't a problem at all. Booking at 1pm meant we arrived at the end of the lunch rush. We both choose the Tuna dish followed by the chocolate mouse dessert. Both were taste sensations in their own right! I also bought the sour dough bread and deli pack of Tuna which was a nice bonus to go home with. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

So, the question - can breakfast be truly satisfying without bacon?
If it’s at Hillside Kitchen the answer is -absolutely!

We love Hillside for dinner and can now extend that to daytime dining.

This week they are doing a special “root to petal” menu that showcases plant based foods. So temporarily no bacon, but their usual beautifully crafted dishes.

Of note for us - smoked tomato baked beans, kimchee(se) hash and creamed spinach. Accompanied by truffled fried eggs and Hillside’s divine sourdough toast.

Coffee and service excellent (as usual)
Top marks!!