“My favourite kebab shop in Wellington”
Review of Babylon Kebab

Babylon Kebab
Ranked #407 of 1,069 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 12 December 2015

I love the mixed vege kebab ($8.50 small/$9.50 large) and the fact that their chips don't come into contact with meaty things in the fryer. The kebabs are a good size, with humous, tabbouleh, onions, carrot and either 2 or 3 sauces depending on size. I always get jalapeños in my kebab, and there are other optional salad items as well. Bread is always fresh and nicely warmed, and the felafel are tasty. You can eat in to the accompaniment of a widescreen tv (handy if you are by yourself) in the generous seating area, or take away to the nearby park for al fresco dining. The staff are always friendly there. Good value and consistent quality.

2  Thank nzvegan

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Second day of a workshop, we headed out for lunch. My friend suggested kebabs. Why not! - Never been to Babylon Kebab before and I do love a good kebab, so it was a good idea for something quick, easy and tasty.

I ordered a small chicken kebab, got everything on it. Plenty goes in it and it was a satisfying amount. $9.00.

You get 2 choice of sauces, I was hoping for 3 as other places offer it but that is my only (minor) critique, based on preference only.

I asked for the super-hot chili. It was punchy but not overly spicy as the name suggested - which was perfect for me.

It was tasty; soft bread, fresh salad, good amount of chicken and nice flavours.

The guy serving was really friendly, he said goodbye to everyone as they left, nice touch.