“Disappointed ”

Nando's Chicken Restaurant
Ranked #597 of 1,013 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I visited Nandos by myself and I do so quite frequently. I've also done rave reviews in the pass however tonight the gloss came off. I was greeted with good customer service behind the counter. The meal didn't take long to come. However I noticed that the chips tasted like they had been left either in the fryer to long or put under the lamp. They tasted dry.
But the real disappointment was the lady in the kitchen who loved the sound of her own voice. All I could hear was either her barking orders or commenting on stuff.
I'm giving a 3 for the location, price and the service. I couldn't award a 5 based on the chips and ambiance

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Great selection of chicken dishes. I had the pita pockets with chicken thighs and it was delicious. Service was really good - we had our meal within 10 minutes of ordering. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant located in the center of Wwllington. Good service tasty food and.good prices. Just good but nothing special.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Queued 4 10 minutes. Order taken at 13.14. Arrived at table at 14.23. I have never, ever had to wait so long for a meal. When I entered this branch I was dizzy with hunger so knew it would be daft to leave, but!!
After my initial wait of 50 mins, I was advised there would be a further 15 minute delay as they had run out of chicken. The one in Glasgow the Quays is always massively busy and the wait time is generally 20 mins.
On finally arriving the server had given me a whole chicken, apparently because of the wait. Unfortunately I don't have a massive appetite so this wasn't particularly welcome as per the peri peri chips which were cold but was so hungry they were not going back!!
I already have food at my hotel for tonight so not worth getting a doggy bag.
Other than that the half chicken and salad were really nice.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Looking great after the refurbishment but has a ventilation problem - the restaurant is very smokey. The smell stays in your hair and clothes and made our dining companion cough through dinner. We've visited three times since the refurbishment and it has been the same each time. Staff are friendly and food is good but wouldn't visit again until it's sorted.