“Food was good, quite noisy”

Concrete Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #296 of 1,078 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Concrete Bar is Wellington CBD's hidden gem. Popular with those in the know for the relaxed atmosphere, great range of local craft & international beers, NZ wines and cocktails, delicious food and good service makes for a perfect city retreat and function venue.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I had dinner there on a Thursday. We got there at 6pm and it was already very full (maybe the cocktail specials?) and noisy. It was quite cramped and a bit difficult to move to the table or toilets. Food was really good. The calamari was good, as was the platter which was very generous. The pork belly was also a generous size. We also got some corn bread which tasted like others I have tasted before but I didn't understand how the corn bread fitted in with the menu. I'd go again but maybe for a quick drink or try a quieter night for dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018
Tomas S, General Manager at Concrete Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate feedback from our guests.

It does sound as though your recent visit, was during our Happy Hour (4.30pm to 6.30pm weekdays). This can be a particularly busy time, with a large after work crowd winding down for the day.

We do recommend dinner bookings around 7pm when the venue has more of a dinner service atmosphere.

I would be grateful if you could please contact me directly, to discuss this further. My direct email is: gmconcretebar@trinitygroup.co.nz.

We hope to welcome you back, and be given the chance to improve on your previous experience.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Concrete was so easy to deal with when it came to organising our Engagement party here.

The functions manager was very responsive and explained everything really well throughout. Staff were awesome and very accommodating on the night and our guests love it. If you are thinking about somewhere to have your next function, I highly recommend Concrete !

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi Jene,

Thank you for taking the time to review Concrete Bar and Restaurant. We really appreciate all feedback from our guests.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your engagement party as much as we loved hosting you! It was a great night for all.

On behalf of all the Concrete team, we wish you all the very best, and hope we can help you celebrate any future special occasions :)

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived with the intention of having drinks followed by dinner. Unfortunately the kitchen for what ever reason decided to close early which we were then told the bar was closing as well. Very disappointed as this lounge was recommended to us. So this meant we got 1 drink then had to find another venue.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Amazing team. Totally professional. We hosted a birthday party here. They were wonderful making sure we had everything we need, being extremely flexible. Food was amazing, bar staff were wonderful especially with my children that were at the party. Beautiful space to have a drink, a dance, a conversation. Would have another event here any time. Thanks so much concrete bar

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

great nite with family & friends for the second time at Concrete. Venue is awesome, food, beer, vino & cocktails were great & the staff couldn't do enough for us!

Date of visit: July 2018