“Bucket list”

Ranked #5 of 965 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Iconic Wellington restaurant, Boulcott Street Bistro opened its doors in 1991 and over the past 20+ years has welcomed visitors and locals alike with warm hospitality, fine food cooked with care, and a well chosen wine list, all served in a relaxed atmosphere.Boulcott Street Bistro follows a benevolent tradition , proudly serving its many loyal customers a combination of innovative, modern fare, classic bistro dishes, and great wines earning the reputation as a Wellington favourite. The kitchen sources the freshest seasonal produce available, and are always happy to accommodate dietary requirements and requests.The Heritage setting of the restaurant, also known as Plimmer House, is a delightful Wellington landmark. Plimmer house is named after John Plimmer, the notable Wellingtonian who was officially bestowed the title 'Father of Wellington'. The charming inner-city Gothic cottage was originally built as a wedding gift by a local groom for his bride to be in the late 1870s and came into the possession of the Plimmer family in 1911.Bookings can be made for lunch, but no need to book for dinner as it is casual dining. To help celebrate a special occasion we can organise flowers, champagne and a delicious house-baked chocolate cake. We have set menus for 10 or more if you are organising a function. Roast dinners, a traditional favourite, are available every Sunday evening from 6.00Pm with our "Roast & Red" special, and this includes a delicious homemade dessert and a glass of red.The private dining room seating 10 - 16 for lunch or dinner is also perfect for conferences or work functions with full catering services to suit your needs
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Fabulous food and overall experience. Our business team went there for a celebration and it stands out as one of the best meals I have had in many years. We all rated the meal tops. Thanks!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent service and a great meal. Can't go past the fillet steak.
A Very good wine list and cocktail bar.
Would go back with no hesitation.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

After receiving a recommendation from our Hotel concierge, we walked a short distance to the quaint and unassuming Bistro. We were warmly greeted, shown an excellent table, presented with a unique and varied menu & wine list and had a short wait to receive the best meal enjoyed in New Zealand!
Fantastic execution of classics "with a twist" and helpful service staff ... so much so that we made 2 visits in 3 days.
Thanks for the tremendously satisfying meals!

1  Thank robertbruch
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Found this little and lovely white cottage next to the hotel where I stayed, at first I didn't realize it is a restaurant until I get a closer look at it. As I craved for lamb cutlets on my second last day at Wellington, I went to this restaurant for lunch as I read from their online menu that lamb cutlets are served during lunch hour only. It is nicely presented which gained my appetite after having a late breakfast. Very delicious! And it's - a very cozy place to dine-in and staff is very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

It had been ages since I'd been to BSB, but we booked in for a business dinner (must be there by 6pm for the booking to stand) and had a lovely meal. The no reservations things has put me off a few times, but it seems if you go reasonably early during the week, getting a table shouldn't be too much of a drama. Good menu, great food, lovely service, and internal environs are pleasant. Highly recommend a visit - I'll be back!