2,142 results
All reviewsportlander restaurantharbour viewrailway stationbuffet breakfastsmall kitchenetteroom servicevalet parkinggood sizethe air conditioningwestpac stadiumcomfortable bedpillow menumini barsouth islandgreat roomnew zealandper day
Reviewed 6 August 2018

There was no slippers and it is winter and the floor was cold. Yes the air con is very loud.
Nothing special for the price.
Feel a bit cheated because we have the priority guest reward card and on the day we were leaving we were then told we can not use it because we did not have dinner there but had breakfast. We were not told about extra charge on visa.
Lastly were tried to call so many times to book car and not able to get anyone to answer the ph until we landed in Wellington. Even then she could not confirm if we hired a car there will be a car park.
They charge $30.00 nightly valet car parking and the young lady told me few metres away it cost $5.00 a night.

I am not going back. The light are so dull hard to read menu.

Room Tip: Luxury price with average quality
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Morgan-McGhee, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Rydges Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi JandKFen,

Thank you for your review. Despite not having a 100% positive stay, we do appreciate the feedback so we can address and resolve any issues. Regarding your stay, please accept our apologies. Thank you again for your thoughts.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is a great hotel and the only thing that let it down was the parking, although being valet (only choice if using their carpark) was expensive although we did not have to wait long to receive our car and if you forgot anything it was no problem.

The room was on a corner which enable a great view of Featherstone St, the Beehive and wharves and harbour, couldn’t have been better. The kitchen area was great, as was the bed it was so very comfortable which huge fluffy pillows. The aircon was very noisy though and kept us from having a restful sleep but it worked well and was easily controllable through the remote. The sounds of emergency vehicle was abit annoying and it is a shame there was no double glazing on this building.

The room was clean but I do wish they would do away with the notes you hang on the door, very confusing and after hanging the wrong one out, the staff just gave us towels, didn’t make the bed or give us clean glasses etc. Other hotels we have stayed in here and many overseas either have their signage “do not disturb” or “make up room” or a button to say similar, so simple and effective.

The breakfast was great and although it was busy and there were plenty of customers we found a table and more than one occasion. You can order eggs and pancakes through their system and the staff will bring them out to you, saves waiting around. Great choices and especially loved their drinks cabinet with small bottles of cranberry juice and milk such as banana and strawberry, so tempting, and food was replenished promptly.

Portlander restaurant was great for dinner and had a great wine list. The only thing I will complain about is that I hate being charged extra for using a credit card, is this really necessary, it is a great way of getting extra funds but how many of us pay cash?

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with silent aircon
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on a work trip. I’d a corner room on a high floor. The room was well finished with a kitchenette, a good amount of snacks and well stocked mini bar. The king sized bed was so comfortable! Possibly the best I’ve had this year. I liked the fact you needed your room keycard to be able to use the lifts.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Morgan-McGhee, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Rydges Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hi Mik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and leave feedback. We're happy to hear you had a great stay at Rydges Wellington and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Standard king room was generous, I like the city view so it worked well for me. Little to no hotel noise, great aircon allowing for outside air, and the room came with a small kitchenette. Only complaint is the shower over bath situation, this is slightly terrifying for someone as clumsy as me and I certainly couldn’t bring my elderly mother to stay. In saying that, no request for was too difficult from my additional fluffy duvet to room service delivered in the morning on the dot. Hotel restaurant fantastic. Overall very comfortable, will come again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hi Shania,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about your stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and are looking to come back again. If you do decide to bring your mother to stay, be sure to ask our friendly reservations team about rooms that offer stand alone showers, or any other accessibility features we have that will help make your stay more enjoyable. You can contact them on reservations_rydgeswellington@evt.com or 04 499 8687. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel when I stayed here as part of a large group. Close to everything and with great friendly staff. We had a room with 2 double beds and it was well appointed, containing a small kitchen area with a bar fridge and microwave. The room was small but compact. Very comfortable beds and very quiet. Breakfast had so much available and all very tasty. This hotel was a $6 Uber ride from the main entertainment area and within walking distance to the Te Papa Museum and Waterfront, where you will find many cafes and restaurants. The one thing to be aware of is how busy it gets at Reception and also in the Lounge area as you can barely hear yourself and not a good place to sit and chat.

Room Tip: Try to something away from the lift area
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Morgan-McGhee, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Rydges Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hi Parker,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and leave feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Rydges Wellington and we hope to see you again soon!