Lowest prices for your stay
$260
ZenHotels.com
$254
All reviews bose sound system stunning hotel luxury hotel rain shower botanical gardens lambton quay hotel restaurant mini bar comfortable beds valet parking across the road the club lounge cable car jardin cemetery accor parliament
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2024

This is a nice hotel, with nice rooms. It is not absolute top notch luxury, but is quite acceptable for a small scale 5-star hotel.

It's just a short walk from the main city centre of Wellington, close to the Beehive (Parliament Building).

The food in the restaurant was also good. We are members of the Accor ALL program so get discounts on meals and drinks at Accor properties.

We got a good rate over Christmas and overall, was very good value.

All in all, this is a solid choice in New Zealand's capital city.

Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2024 via mobile

I booked a superior room and managed to secure a deal through Accors red hot room special. I’ve always wanted to stay here so seemed like the perfect opportunity. The check in wasn’t anything special pretty run of the mill. One thing that really irritates me is that as a silver member a benefit is late check out. I completely understand it’s no way guaranteed and based on availability however when I asked for this I could feel that it was a major hassle and felt like I was putting her out by asking and she let out a bit of a sigh. She initially gave me 30mins late checkout which is an absolute joke. I thought maybe they were very busy or full but when I enquired she said it’s quiet the next few nights because of a public holiday. Most Accor properties can usually do 2pm late check out if available. Eventually I was given 12pm late checkout (1 hour extra) which was better than nothing I guess but it’s really not the best first impression to have to try haggle to get it. At the very least she could have sounded remotely interested in trying to help even if she couldn’t. I was given a room on the 11th floor, it was a corner room and normally these are better but I found this wasn’t the case, as in addition to the main window there were 2 smaller narrow windows which had blinds in lieu of curtains. The blinds let too much light in around the sides at night and in the morning. The room itself was fine, sort of what I expected, but nothing more. There was only 1 free power socket by the bed (also shared with the desk) which in my mind is unacceptable for a modern hotel. There were 2 USB ports on one side of the bed. The bathroom was modern, clean and spacious. I chose not to dine at the in-house restaurant but did have a couple of drinks at the bar. I did not like the fact that staff were congregating at the bar loudly having personal conversations and jokes (mid-serving customers too). A bit of professionalism could have gone a long way- save those conversations for later. Id compare it to a bit like sitting in a youth hostel, and not a 5 star hotel. Maybe this just pointed out how quiet the hotel was during my stay? Would I return? Probably not, I believe the Movenpick further down the road offers a better all round package (has a pool, sauna etc) and has a comparable if not better room rate.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2024 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights just after Xmas. We are diamond members and were upgraded to a nicer room which was much appreciated and was a very nice room. The check in was very slow and the room not ready when it should have been though so we had to wait for that. The location is really good and close to everything you need.

We found the food here to be really great. I had excellent steaks which were cooked to perfection and beautiful quality meat. The breakfasts were great as well and Gladys who served us was just very lovely.

The club lounge was a bit disappointing that it had the opening hours of 5pm to 7pm but the first night the guy operating it didn’t serve drinks until 5:25 and was late the next night as well. He mentioned a few times he was from marketing and not his usual job.

Otherwise it’s a nice hotel, more like an MGallery size from our point of view but great quality place.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2024

Hi we stayed at Sofitel Wellington in January 2024. The service we received from the amazing staff was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful and made our stay extremely enjoyable, in particular, Vyanni, Henry, Sergio, Lisa, Paul, Joy, Gladys, Danesh, Toni, Grace and Elco. A huge thanks to them. Good location, next to Parliament. The key issue with this hotel is that the wifi is slow and unreliable and needs to be overhauled as soon as possible. Trying to do work using the hotel wifi is an exercise in frustration and futility as the wifi goes down multiple times daily, at times for a couple of hours.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2024

We reserved a junior suite which actually turned out to be two joining rooms and one of them was converted into a living/dining area. I did not care for the black carpet and the room was very dusty. When we went to sleep, we realized that there was a stain in the sheets. We were so tired that we decided to sleep without the covers. The next day when we called to report it, we were told that housekeeping was going to change them. By the time we left for the day, they had not come to replace the sheets. At night when we were back, we discovered the sheets had been replaced but with sheets with a huge hole. Again, we were so tired and since it took them so long the first time and it was our last night, we decided to let it go. I made this reservation after a great experience I had with Sofitel in Mexico City. What a disappointment! We had dinner at their restaurant and food was good, however for breakfast, even though they were serving only one table, it took several minutes before we and a lady who had been waiting before us were seated. The staff tries to be nice, but sometimes they look untrained.

Date of stay: January 2024