“Best Vietnamese from somewhere unexpected”
Review of Fisherman's Plate

Fisherman's Plate
Ranked #199 of 1,028 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Fisherman's Plate looks like your regular run-of-the-mill takeaway. They have a long standing tradition of serving fish and chips, and they have an extensive Vietnamese menu. I was going to just go with my usual pho,  but decided to take the path less trodden.

We had salt and pepper squid with green tea soba noodles and Vietnamese salad. It was to die for, absolutely stunning. The soba salad was warm, plum sauce sweet, tender, lightly seasoned squid, fish sauce salty, had a peanut nuttiness, had some red cabbage colour, and fresh herbs for punch. This dish is a true revelation. We ordered two and I would be happy to eat it all day. This restaurant is a hidden gem. It may seem tame from the outside, but do yourself a favour and jump right in. It will be the best Vietnamese you'll have in Wellington.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Number 18 is my favourite. Food ALWAYS fresh and delicious and owner very friendly. Lunch times always packed full but great place for cheap tea. Don't go there for ambiance but you do for great food.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I am so glad that your usual taste have retured. It has been awhile that your noodle tasted tasteless but from 2 recent visits that we have made I can proudly say you are the best vietnamese noodle shop in Wellington. I am assuming that your main chef was busy doing something else and we are glad that he is back!. I highly recommend their chicken noodle soup and their rare beef noodle soup. It is served with lettuce and all the other vegetables as well.

1  Thank Minjoo B
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Have had a lot of phos in my time but this is definitely the best - including ones I've had in Hanoi. You don't go here for the atmosphere but the food is out of this world. They have vegetarian pho too which is out of this world. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I've been here so many times, and I real love spicy beef noodle soup and seafood noodle soup! This time, I came with my friend. He told me, he must come back for the meal again.