“So different, so delicious.”
Review of Marrakech

Marrakech
Ranked #369 of 1,004 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I've been in Marrakech many times. For lunch, dinner or because I was just passing and couldn't resist. All the meals I had were really good with well ballanced taste. My favorites, Salma tagine and Agadir beef are so delicious. Always comming back for one of these with good mint tee.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

After a busy full on day working, the rain falling and tired, Marrakech was an excellent choice for a take out dinner. A kebab at $10 was a perfect choice. I was also grateful for their help in making sure my meal was dairy and wheat free. The owner even offered to replace my wrap with some rice. Good service, great price, couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We were there as a group which seemed to cause problems for the wait staff and the kitchen. There were some delays in people getting their food. The food wasn't particularly seasoned well. It was presented well in Tagine ceramics. Disappointing since I was looking forward to good Moroccan food. I am vegetarian and I don't think that vegetarian food is their strong point.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Great food. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Service was a bit adhoc but was with a smile. Just moments of all or nothing. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

I eat at lots of restaurants and this small suburban eatery is one of my favourites. This is a very small cafe and not much to look at but don't be fooled by appearances.
No kebabs or iskanders here, only traditional Morrocan food made with the finest ingredients and prepared by an excellent chef. The tangines are a beautiful blend of meat or fish, fruit, spices and nuts. I've had many dishes from the menu and my favourite is the Berber tagine – lamb shanks in a black plum and ginger sauce, pistachio and couscous. Everything on the menu is delicious. Highly recommended.
This is a halal restaurant so no alcohol or drinks.