All reviews cuba st express breakfast great location cq hotel rooms are small mini fridge bars and restaurants cuba mall room rate free wifi tea and coffee an easy walk te papa stayed nights lambton quay street heater
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel, we paid over 200 a night for it. However we were bitterly dissapointed.
The rooms are quite small. The main issue however was the noise, we could hear everything. There was a small staircase outside of our room, we could hear thumping of peoples footsteps up and down it all night. There is no sound proofing between rooms either, we could hear the conversation (until about 3am) of the couple next door, I was also woken up by her loud moaning. If you are a light sleeper do not stay here.
The rooms need some renovations. While mostly clean the furniture is very worn out as well as is the shower and sink in the bathroom. There was mould in the bathroom, above the shower and in the seals around the shower.
The parking was reasonably expensive at 60 for our two nights. You could probably go cheaper.
Location is brilliant. Really close to everything and has a nice bar.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Hilary A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Wellington. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay at CQ Wellington a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We have been very impressed with the size of the rooms. Huge beds which are very comfy & the room service has been a stand out. They housekeepers should be praised for their service. Would definitely recommend to friends & would stay again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sonya H,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We've stayed here several times now and though rooms are small the location is great. Our last stay we were given a back room and were greeted by a grotty hallway with ladders and buckets about the place. The laundry door was wide open and it was really messy. I booked a night in Wellington to get away from an untidy house! So not a good start. We did notify the desk and it was cleared up when we returned from our walk.

The room itself was small and noisy - but we expected this. What we did not expect was the bathroom to flood. When my husband showered in the morning the floor was ankle deep in places. I used all available towels to clean it up and blamed the flimsy shower curtain. However as soon as I got in the floor again covered in water - and very quickly. It was bubbling up through the drain hole. I was unable to shower....or get to sink to even brush my teeth.

It was not a nice stay - staff gave us a 20% discount but really didn't seem too bothered. Considering it costs 160 to stay here, there are superior hotels at only a fraction more cost. And in fact there are probably budget / backpacker establishments that offer more for less.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear kokoko,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed here and it does not disappoint.

This boutique and charming motel has small cosy rooms with clean bathrooms, comfortable beds and really thick curtains to block out a lot of street noise.

Conveniently located, it has a covered and heated pool and spa pool.

Highly recommend to people who want something a bit different.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynda415,

Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

You hear everything at this hotel. People walking & talking in the corridors. The noise of the pipes/plumbing is horrendous. No soundproofing, so if you are sensitive to noise & can’t sleep through it do not stay here. I had ear plugs in & I could still hear it, but managed to eventually fall asleep. The standard rooms are small with pleasant decor & clean, apart from the dust I noticed around the small tv screen. The shower cubicle has a partial shower curtain, which is annoying as it sticks to you. Bed was comfortable & the sheets are of good quality. The location is fantastic. Cuba Street is awesome with it many cafes & restaurants & retro stores. You can go to the pool & spa at the adjacent Quality Hotel. You just need to get a keycard from Reception. Beautiful old Hotel, but better places to stay in Wellington if you can afford it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
NLIHarper, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Cheriebee,