All reviewscuba stexpress breakfastgreat locationcq hotelrooms are smallmini fridgerestaurants and shopscuba mallroom ratefree wifitea and coffeean easy walkte papastayed nightslambton quaystreetheater
Reviewed 1 February 2016

20 mins from airport WLG- you are in the bohemian quarter with loads of eateries, convenience stores and shopping. Cuba Street is fun, noisy and charming.

I am happy I got a special deal for this hotel, as it is very basic. Room was small, uncomfortable bed, telly so small that you can hardly see it from the bed. Carpet dirty and sticky. There is no aircon- which means the room is steaming when weather is good. No fridge, however there is a slip to fill out if you use anything from the minibar, which is not there :-) Bathroom small and cramped.. Best feature was the wifi which worked fine...Did not have any cleaning for the duration of my stay- apart from fresh towels.

Breakfast is NZD20 wheter you choose the hot items or not. Selection is very good and accomodates many nationalities, thumbs up! Service in restaurant and cafe is very good and friendly.

Frontdesk...depends who you meet, some are friendly some are not! could be improved.

I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
OLacoua, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear aeronaut,

I sincerely apologise that we didn't meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay at CQ Wellington a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to make any further suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better. We'd appreciate any further feedback you may have. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Wellington.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

We knew this was a budget hotel when we booked it but I still expected a slight step up from a hostel. I have stayed in better hostels. Our check-in was quick but not very friendly. Our room in the hotel was small and unwelcoming. Our bathroom was not particularly clean. All the rest of the room seemed clean. There was a lot of noise despite being at the back of the hotel, Windows didn't fit right & sound proofing of rooms was none existent. You could hear your neighbours very clearly. No air conditioning which is not great in the heat in a small room & not even a fan. Plunger coffee should be a basic, not sachet coffee on a tea tray nowadays. tv was tiny. Location is top of Cuba street, although central there are hotels that are better positioned within the city. It does have parking round back of hotel but expensive at $25 per night.

Stayed: January 2016
OLacoua, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear travelaholicuk,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to make any further suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better. We'd appreciate any further feedback you may have. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Small rooms but being on Cuba street is very convenient...the hotel also let us use a fan which was awesome on humid nights, my only gripe was hearing staff near our room having an argument - not very professional. Overall, a decent place to stay - just don't expect a 5 star hotel

Stayed: January 2016

Dear Julia H,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the staff interaction you experienced and I have shared this with my Team. I am pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future!

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Hotel had everything we needed. Location was central to the attractions, plenty of bars, coffee shop & restaurants nearby. Room was clean, comfortable & modern. Staff were helpful & friendly. We didn't use the bar or restaurant.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OLacoua, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear ceri791,

Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 January 2016

When requesting a room here make sure that you ask for a room at the back of the hotel - first time we stayed here we got a room overlooking Cuba St - we had a spotlight that shone through the curtains and lit the room like daylight until it was turned off at about 2.00am, plus you get all the party noise from the street.
We got moved to a back room the second night & it was bliss... So now we always ask for one at the back.

Rooms are adequate - warm and comfy. TV can only be watched whoile lying in bed - or sitting on the end of the bed... Only one comfy chair in the room - to be honest there isn't room for a second.

Tea & coffee making facilities in the room & fridge - we always turn the fridges off at night in most hotels...

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
OLacoua, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Chch_NZ_couple,

Sounds like you've had a great stopover in Wellington! I am pleased to learn that you liked our hotel along with the facilities and location. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back home very soon.