1,724 results
All reviews the club lounge chameleon restaurant booked a club room pre dinner drinks high tea concierge staff wake up call an upgrade new zealand cable car harbour view pillow menu valet parking bed was very comfortable location is excellent the heart of the city te papa museum
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Well presented staff with well appointed rooms. Fantastic buffett breakfast. Good views from certain rooms. Recommend upgrading your booking to the harbour view rooms. Parking available underground the hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
ICW1, Admin at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Aleister,

Thank you for your lovley comment.

I am please you chose to stay with us during your visit to Wellington.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time here.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
We use feedback such as yours, to continuously make changes to improve our guest experience.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The room was clean and tidy, the beds were very comfortable and the pillows were great. Excellent shower with a two heads (yah!) and the toiletries were lovely too. Just great service too - helpful without being overbearing.

Room Tip: Go for the club rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for your comment.

I am please you chose to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we
certainly appreciate the opportunity to look after you and
making sure your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.
We hope you will visit us again in the near fututre.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

As we continue our trip through NZ we luckily booked the Wellington Intercontinental. It’s centrally located and walking distance to most places, there was no need for us to use a taxi.
The hotel is relatively new and the public spaces are simple and sophisticated.
Our room was nice, simple, and small. The electronic panel by the bed controls everything, so getting up in the middle of the night is hard if you don’t want to disturb your mate.
The business lounge is very good. Full breakfast buffet and eggs to your making . The lounge serves high tea and there is a very good happy hour, that should not be missed.
The staff is very good, they are friendly and professional. We enjoyed our interactions and never felt ignored.
The Chameleon restaurant was amazing and that’s a whole different review.
The service is 5* but the room, which was considered a suite,was too small and not enough space for our luggage.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Newtown_PaShopper,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are please you chose to stay with us very recently.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
However, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your visit and for not living up to your expectations regarding the light switch that turns all the light in the room and trying not to disturb your friends sleep.
Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I was impressed with the impeccable service at the Intercontinental and thankfully for that and the very comfortable bed and great night sleep, made up for the lack of cleanliness in the room. The room was a great size, had a lovely spa bath and a large and very comfortable bed. I had room service dinner, dessert and then breakfast the following day and it was absolutely delicious! I certainly couldn't fault it and would love to try more of their food at some stage.
Unfortunately when I arrived, the room I had been allocated had obviously been cleaned as there were fresh towels and the bed was made up, but it had not been cleaned to the standard I would expect a hotel to clean at especially for such a classy hotel! There were stains on the toilet, hairs and a dirty towel in the bottom of the bath, a dirty cup on a saucer that you could not remove as it was so stuck to the saucer from being dirty and a teaspoon next to the other cup that still had tea/coffee stains on it. It did leave me wondering what else hadn't been cleaned properly!
I was also told there was free WIFI but I couldn't seem to find it at all so never actually connected to it.
Other than that though, I had a lovely stay and a very good night sleep so would probably return on the hope that the cleaning was better!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Becz-Awa,

Thank you for your feedback.

The team and I are please you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am saddened we did not meet all expectations.
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards.
We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Right in the heart of Wellington. Spacious room, amenities simple but clean and staff warm and friendly. During my visit the gym was being renovated, which was a shame, however a run in the streets around the hotel proved to be a great opportunity to site see.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
ICW1, Admin at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear kathrynsbran,

Thank you for your feedback.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am saddened we did not meet your expectations.
However, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your visit and for not living up to your expectations regarding the gym being renovated.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.