1,724 results
All reviews the club lounge chameleon restaurant booked a club room pre dinner drinks high tea concierge staff wake up call an upgrade new zealand cable car harbour view pillow menu valet parking bed was very comfortable location is excellent the heart of the city te papa museum
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We always stay at the Intercontinental whenever we are in Wellington and we have never had an imperfect experience. The accommodation and service continues to be of an extremely high standard. If you can afford it, it's definitely worth upgrading to a club room to gain access to the club lounge, not only for the private attentive service and quality menu but also for the great view across the harbour.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalWgtn, Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Greandy,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently.
I have read your comment and I am delighted you enjoyed your time here, perfect experience, accommodation and service continues to be of an extremely high standard, definitely worth upgrading to a Club room to gain access to the Club Lounge, great view across the harbour, private attentive service and quality menu.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to make sure your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was in Wellington NZ over the weekend and as usual stayed at the Intercontinental, this hotel is outstanding across all areas, modern, great staff, good restaurant and bar, the rooms are very modern and comfortable, I cant recommend this hotel enough if you want a great place to stay at a reasonable rate

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room on a higher level
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
InterContinentalWgtn, Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear seawolfau,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time here, this hotel is outstanding across all areas, modern, great staff, good restaurant and bar, the rooms are very modern and comfortable, a great place to stay.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to look after you and to make sure your stay with us was flawless and relaxed.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay here and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I just got back from another great stay. As always the staff were professional and friendly.

The room was clean and tidy, with that very comfortable bed.

The food was excellent, from club lounge, chameleon, room service, and 2 Grey.

The Club Lounge experience was enjoyable as ever, where the staff make you feel like a V.I.P with their knowledge and attention to detail.

As always the concierge staff are great to deal with. Their friendliness and local knowledge means if you want to do something they can help suggest / organise activities.

Because all my stays have been so good over the last two years I now go for the hotel stay then work out what events to do while I am there.

P.s. Thanks for spoiling me on my Birthday.

Room Tip: A Club room gets you access to the excellent Club Lounge. As well as being a great experience you can also save money.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BrentJNZ
InterContinentalWgtn, Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear BrentJNZ,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst visiting Wellington.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, staff were professional and friendly, room was clean and tidy with that very comfortable bed, food was excellent, from Club Lounge, Chameleon, room service, and 2 Grey, Club Lounge experience was enjoyable as ever, where the staff make you feel like a V.I.P with their knowledge and attention to detail.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and to make sure your stay with us was flawless and relaxed.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay here and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Mum and I at the Intercontinental Hotel, Wellington

Mum rarely gets the opportunity to go out of the house for any decent length of time especially now that she is in her mid-eighties. So what better time than during her 86th birthday.

We stayed at two previous hotels in Wellington over the last few years where the service was akin to “state the nature of your business”. The service we encountered at the Intercontinental Hotel was profoundly different – I am talking par-excellence. We pulled up to the entrance and was immediately greeted by the concierge who helped us unload before I even had the chance to state the nature of our stay. He then helped mum out of the car and into her wheelchair. Our luggage was automatically sent to our room and less time than it took to start up a conversation I had all the information I needed regarding the amenities available and my room key. Having signed up for IHG membership (which is free) went a long way towards the extra benefits that came with the booking. When mum and I got to our room they had a “happy birthday” plate of decadent treats waiting for her.

We booked a twin room with a Harbour View and we were not disappointed. We had a great view of the harbour with a comfy sofa right up next to the window. Our double beds were super comfy with a big flat screen tv facing the opposite wall. We had Sky TV which came with Sky Movies and Sports along with all the other channels to choose from. A quaint little table was adjacent to the tv and a self-contained kitchen unit and bar fridge on the opposite side. The Coffee Pod machine was a nice touch. And as for the bathroom, such a simple yet elegant design that just works. Why other hotels feel the need to go overboard is beyond me.

We used room service both nights and it was expensive – but in this case worth every cent. We ordered the fish and chips both nights – best battered fish I’ve ever had with a delightfully crunchy exterior with a moist tender fillet inside. That and a side of chips, superb. We also ordered soup of the day followed by seafood soup the day after, which was also top notch. For dessert we had a wonderfully delicious cheesecake. And when we finished our meals we simply rang room service and left the dining cart outside for them to collect.

My only gripe was in regards to breakfast. Not sure exactly what it was about the layout and the food but I wasn’t sold on it. So, on day two of our stay mum and I simply had a hot beverage and left it at that.

Of all the hotels mum and I have been to this hotel would rank as the best, from the moment mum and I walked in there to the time we left. Worth every cent.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
InterContinentalWgtn, Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Tala U,

Thank you for your lovely detailed feedback.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently to celebrate your mums 86th birthdaly celebration.I have read your comment and I am so delighted you enjoyed the service provided, we pulled up to the entrance and was immediately greeted by the concierge who helped us unload before I even had the chance to state the nature of our stay, he then helped mum out of the car and into her wheelchair, our luggage was automatically sent to our room, the birthday decadent awaiting in the room, great view of the harbour with a comfy sofa.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to look after you and to make sure your stay with us was flawless and relaxed.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Perfection from reception to concierge. Service 10 out if 10. Rooms immaculate upgraded as we were celebrating our 20th anniversary they made us feel very VIP x
Rooms are clean and beautiful. Champers and level 9 upgrade be sure to let them know if your celebrating a spesh occasion you will be looked after x

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear KatSydney11,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us to celebrate your special occasion whilst in Wellington.
I am so delighted to read you enjoyed your time here, perfection from reception to concierge, rooms immaculate upgraded as we were celebrating our 20th anniversary.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we appreciate the opportunity given to make sure your 20th anniversary stay with us was memorable and relaxed.
We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.
Again, thank you for choosing to stay here and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.