1,712 results
All reviews the club lounge chameleon restaurant booked a club room pre dinner drinks high tea concierge staff wake up call an upgrade new zealand cable car harbour view pillow menu a bit tired valet parking bed was very comfortable location is excellent the heart of the city
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

My son and I spent three nights here and the first night we experienced the 7.8 earthquake. The hotel was very prompt in advising guests on procedure. Our room was very spacious, clean and furnished with comfortable beds. The bathroom was modern, bright and bathrobes and slippers were provided. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and professional. Because of the disruption in rail service, due to the quake, some employees were unable to make the commute in to work. Therefore, many of the staff worked long, extended hours and yet they remained cheerful and dedicated to caring for the guests. I would be happy to stay in this superb, centrally located hotel again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear ArizonaSuziC,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Wellington.
I am pleased to read your comment that you enjoyed your time here regardless of the event that took place on the early hours of Monday morning.
Room was spacious and clean, comfortable beds, modern bathroom, staff were friendly and professional, dedicated and caring towards the guests.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to make sure your safety and your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Pleasant stayed in a very conveniently located hotel. Good comfortable room and the selection at breakfast was among the best we had in New Zealand over a 4 ewwk period. The deor in the ground floor restaurant is a mixture of modern & quirky

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank phshanks

Dear phshanks,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am delighted you had a fantastic time here, located conveniently in the central of Wellington, good and comfortable room.
We are committed to guest satisfaction, we certainly strive for high level of service in all aspects, and we wanted to make sure your stay with us was relaxed and enjoyable.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Ladies weekend away for a friends birthday at the InterContinental hotel was a fabulous experience.

The hotel is just a short scenic taxi ride from the airport.

We stayed in the club guest rooms, slept on the comfiest double beds. The hotel ensured our rooms were located on the same level and right next door to each other. There was "happy birthday" dessert plate in the room on arrival which was a lovely surprise.

Club rooms meant access to the club lounge. The stunning views, food, coffee and evening canapés and drinks provided was impressive, especially the afternoon high tea that is made to order.

Service in the club lounge was exceptional. A special mention to Padraid who always greeted us with the friendliest smile, and catered to any requests.

If you are looking for a hotel located in a great location, close to the wharf and shops, which provides quality service all round, then book this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank iluvcoffee
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear iluvcoffee,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us whilst in Wellington.
I have read your comment and I am delighted you and your lady friends enjoyed your weekend here, comfiest double beds, lovely surprise in room on arrival, stunning views, food, coffee,drinks and evening canapes, high tea, exceptional service in the Club InterContinental, great location, closed to shops and waterfront.
We strive for high level of service in all aspects and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to make sure you and your lady friends stay with us was flawless and enjoyable.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Stayed 3 nights but on our third night the Earthquake struck. Not a lot of sleep that night!!! I must say the GM and his senior staff were amazing leaving their homes and coming straight to the Hotel after the Earthquake to check on guests.

Our room was lovely with comfortable beds and pillows. The gym, pool and spa were great but I think closing the pool and spa at 9pm is to early. I think it should be open to 10pm. Breakfast was beautiful and enjoyed the choice of Flat Whites etc instead of the standard filter coffee. The quality of food at Dinner was very good but portion size on the small side. High Tea was lovely but I think they could cut down on the sweets and maybe add some hot savouries. For us this would be our only accommodation choice if returning to Wellington.

Stayed: November 2016

Dear NthShoreTraveller,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I am pleased you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Wellington.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time here despite the event that happened on the early hours of Monday morning. Lovely room, comfortable beds and pillows, gym, pool and spa were great, beautiful breakfast, enjoyed the choice of flat whites.
We are committed to guest satisfaction and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to make sure your stay with us was comfortable and relaxed.
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Unfortunately, this is probably my worst experience with any Intercontinental and with IHG as a whole.

We love IC and hold Ambassador Status, but our last stay in Wellington was far below the usual IC standards outside of NZ. We had previously stayed at this hotel a few years ago and, despite rooms getting better since 2011, the service has gotten even worse.

On one occasion our room was not serviced until we asked for it at 4 pm (even though the sign was placed on the door at 8 am and light for service was on). On a second occasion, we asked to have the floors vacuumed, as the floor was simply left dirty after the morning room service. The toiletries, tea, coffee, etc must be specifically asked daily. The concierges are very selective on when they would like to offer luggage handling to the patrons, and definitely not trained to greet the patrons. When we approached the reception staff about the reoccurring issues the only responses we received was an obligatory “we are sorry” and nothing more than that.

Needless to add that this probably the most expensive hotel in Wellington, but still charging the extra fee on credit card payments. Once again, a disappointing visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank kermadek

Dear kermadek,

Thank you for your detailed comment.

The team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently.
I have read your comment and I am truly saddened we did not meet all your expectations. Rest assured, I will be following up with the rest of the team regarding your feedback.
We are committed to guest satisfactions and we certainly appreciate the opportunity to address your concern.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Best regards,