Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
$145
Josheta
Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

CITY LIFE APARTMENTS WELLINGTON

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 May 2023
We had the two bed apartment and it was very spacious clean and every want catered to. Heating Kitchen laundry ...excellent. Also middle of CBD so made travelling around easy. Staff were very helpful and polite. Bus almost at the door. The one negative was that there was no lift to our floor hence two flights of stairs which was a nuisance. However the staff took our bags up in service lift. Would return
Date of stay: April 2023
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 2 Jun 2023
Hi Josheta,

Thank you for the perfect score and encouraging words. I am delighted to hear that you liked all the amenities, hotel location and overall, had a wonderful stay with us. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It also helps us to understand our guests needs and to better deliver exceptional service, so that everyone is Someone Special staying Somewhere Special.

We have carefully noted your feedback with regards to the stairs and would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our building layout does not allow guest lifts to go to level 7 unfortunately. However, I feel proud that our team looked after you well on your stay and assisted with the luggage through service lift. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

CityLife Hotel, Wellington
  • Lol.travel
    $184
0.5 km from CityLife Wellington
Pool
travelodge wellington hotel guest king room
Travelodge.com.au
  • Algotels
1.2 km from CityLife Wellington
View more hotels in Wellington
1,234 results
All reviews city life cable car lambton quay directors suite great location two bedroom apartment full kitchen gilmer terrace washing machine and dryer central location kitchen facilities an upgrade great room te papa street noise staff were friendly and helpful an easy walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2023 via mobile

When booking this hotel, I had high expectations but found things not quite as good as expected. Upon checking in very late / early hours of the morning, it was discovered that the TV was not working. After calling down to the front desk and someone coming up to check, we couldn’t find what the problem was. We said we’d check it out in the morning and were offered a change of room if need be. Upon checking the next morning, it was found that the aerial cable was unplugged. Why it was unplugged we don’t know. The next thing was the fridge. It was sitting inside a shelf which had a protruding screw in the floor of the shelf in front of the fridge door which prevented the fridge door opening. We had to lift the fridge up to get the door high above the protruding screw to open it. Housekeeping was also bizarre. All they did was collect the used towels and throw new ones on the bathroom sink. Bed was not made up and other things (like toilet paper) were not replenished. I have never come across housekeeping like this. There was also little storage space in the way of draws to put clothes. I also found the bed not very comfortable and felt I was rolling into the middle on an angle. I think the only thing going for this hotel is the location which is right in the middle of Lambton Quay. However vehicle access is behind the property in Gilmer St.

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank sharketteno1
Rajeev Dahiya, Guest Services / Front Office at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2023

Kia ora Sharketteno1,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the CityLife Hotel, Wellington. I am sorry that your experience with housekeeping and room amenities did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that this is not our regular level of service, and I will more than certain to share your experience with the housekeeping manager and maintenance team to ensure it does not happen again. At CityLife, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore, your feedback is very important to us and I apologize we fell short on your stay with us.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and I do hope you consider us for any future stays in Wellington. We would be more than happy to ensure you next stay checks all the boxes.

CityLife Hotel Wellington

Reviewed 10 April 2023 via mobile

Located in the CBD it is a great place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. This is our first time in NZ so it took us a while for us to figure out that you have to leave your room card in a slot near the door for the lights, etc to work. The in-room laundry allowed us to travel light. Arriving by car is a bit awkward and parking is off-sight.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rajeev Dahiya, Guest Services / Front Office at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2023

Kia ora DetDuke,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the CityLife Wellington.

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as well as feedback that we can draw from, to improve our services for the future. I understand that the parking can sometimes feel uncomfortable with big vehicles. Apologies for the inconvenience caused due to this.
I want to thank you again for the perfect score. Feel proud that our friendly team looked after you well on your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the future at The CityLife Hotel, Wellington.

Nga mihi,

CityLife Hotel Wellington

Emai: rajeevD@heritagehotels.co.nz

Reviewed 23 March 2023

I have taken a while to write this because I lost the paper but now found it. I LOVED this hotel! We were diverted to Wellington due to Auckland floods and the experience was just a breeze. I would like to thank the two night girls Vaifoa and Oceana who made the check in none stressful even though they had a lot of people in the lobby but didn’t let the pressure show. Had an amazing housekeeper Jeena who was quick and lovely and made the room beautiful. My family and I appreciated all the hard work everyone put in especially for our difficult trip. Will recommend this hotel to everyone I know and will definitely be back. Thank you city life.

Date of stay: January 2023
1  Thank Carol R
Rajeev Dahiya, Guest Services / Front Office at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2023

Hi CarolrJ5864ZI,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CityLife Wellington. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are very grateful for your kind words. Foa, Oceana and Jeena would be extremely happy to read what you have wrote. you have reaffirmed the hard work we put in every day.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we trust your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 20 March 2023

We were dropped off at this hotel at the back; when we went out the front door we were very surprised to find ourselves right in the main shopping street, so very central address. We booked a two bedroom one bath suite, didn't realize that one room had an ensuite toilet as well, so that was a nice surprise. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Kitchen was fully equipped and living room quite spacious. The only downside was that there was no view; windows looked out onto a wall, so it was quite dark inside.
Cable car and Countdown supermarket are a few doors away. It was about a 15 minute walk down to the Te Papa museum.

Room tip: If you are there on Sunday there is a really nice farmer's market in the morning next to Te Papa museum.
Date of stay: March 2023
Rajeev Dahiya, Guest Services / Front Office at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2023

Hi BeverlyS629,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we achieved your expectations.

It's great to hear that the location was central for your needs and that the room was clean, comfortable and spacious.

I am sorry to learn that the view from your room was below your expectations. We will take a note of your feedback for future reference as while the Gilmer Terrace side of the hotel offers a unique quiet side, our Lambton Quay is featured with city view.

Something even more exciting is that now you can stay all over New Zealand with Heritage Hotels, you can find somewhere special to stay from the Bay of Islands to Queenstown, we have a property that can accommodate you. Please visit Heritage hotels website for more information.

We look forward to welcoming you back to CityLife Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2023

We love booking a suite, it gives us lots of room to spread out and relax. The kitchen is well equipped and a great feature. The beds are super comfortable, and the price is great for what you get. We will be back.

Room tip: Choose a higher floor, away from the lift
Date of stay: March 2023
Rajeev Dahiya, Guest Services / Front Office at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2023

Hi Bibliophilia,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CityLife Wellington also pleased to know that overall, you have had a wonderful stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.