Lowest prices for your stay
US$128
Free cancellation until 28/08/22
Novotel
US$128
Free cancellation until 28/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$124
Expedia.comUS$128
PricelineUS$128
travelup.com
2,432 results
All reviews lambton quay cable car valet parking central location new zealand buffet breakfast harbour view south island te papa lift accor pillows cbd capital curtains motorway parliament
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2019

This was a terrible experience for us, and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. We have travelled the world many times and New Zealand quiet a few times and I must say that we have never experienced such terrible service.
On our arrival at 3pm I booked in and the receptionist and trainee were working the desk. The trainee was doing her best but the young lady training her should not have been on the front desk, her attitude was like she didn't want to be there. On explaining we had pulled up the road a bit as delivery truck was in front, she was condescending in telling me just drive around to park underneath, taking a ramp, which I could not get to because of the truck, and her attitude was ..not my problem. I said we will pay for valet parking but again no suggestion that the valet would take our car and park it. When asked about our luggage she said just bring it in, again no help from a valet or explanation as to how to get it up the stairs.
After explaining I was not happy with being put on the first floor, again her attitude was nothing we can do about it.!! This girl had a big attitude problem and I was not happy, when asked to see the manager he did come and offer help, but still not able to put us up on a higher floor, even though we had booked this hotel two months prior, and arriving early, but he said they had a tour group in..... I don't know why they got the higher rooms when they booked in after us.
On our departure we handed in our key and again the receptionist was doing her job, and the manager came out and another gentleman and just stood there not offering t o help with our luggage or any transport if we required it, and not even "did you enjoy your stay" we had to get our luggage down to footpath and organise transport.
NEVER AGAIN.

Date of stay: October 2019
NovotelWellington, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2019

Hello maySunshineCoast,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Here at Novotel Wellington we strive to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests. I do apologize if you feel we fell short during your stay with us.

We do offer full valet and porterage for any guest who requires it and I'm sorry if this was not illustrated properly to you upon check-in.

I also apologize that you were unable to allocate you to a higher floor during your stay. This was during the World of Wearable Art event and we had many early check-ins during this period but I will look further into this matter to see as to how this may have occurred.

I will be going to my team personally to ensure that all of these points you have mentioned are re-evaluated from an operational standpoint to make sure that instances such as this are avoided in the future.

Should you wish to follow up regarding your issues, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Peter Johnson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2019 via mobile

Good hotel. Great location, super friendly staff and a pretty good breakfast. Would have give this hotel a 4 star rating but what let it down was charging for in room WiFi. Seriously. WiFi is no longer a luxury. Our sanity and ability to do business depend on it. To charge separately, and on a per day basis, is a total rort. If you are desperate to make money out of WiFi then at least build it in to your prices. Almost all hotels we have stayed in overseas include free WiFi in the rooms.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank medney2

Hello medney2,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I do apologize if it was not illustrated to you fully, but we do offer complimentary WiFi with a free membership sign up to our Le Club program.

This free sign up affords you a number of benefits and you can carry it with you to any Accor hotel in the future.

Should you find yourself in Wellington again, we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Peter Johnson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

In this day and age I could not believe that this hotel does not provide free wifi for its guests, you can however purchase a short term plan. Hotel wise, it’s a nice comfortable hotel, staff were great and rooms were well appointed.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 538judyp
Reviewed 23 September 2019

The staff were ALL so lovely .Special shout put to Spencer and Kunel.
We ate at the restaurants several times and it delivered exactly what the sign said outside.Simple healthy food done well. Our room was beautifully presented and attended. Thankyou to a great team

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 23 September 2019

Central place as main shops below accommodation. Staff friendly.
Rooms and carpet to the rooms a bit tired, Bed saggy. Bathroom was a bit small and toilet buried behind the toilet door.
Also, tried to book an extra night and offered a very expensive option, jumped on the web and could have booked a room on the same night for 2/3 of quoted cost.
As a member of the hotel chain, was not overly impressed.
Booked a room at Rydges Wellington Airport that was cheaper again and so much better.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel