Lowest prices for your stay
Movenpick
$170
ZenHotels.com
$167
liam404
Wellington, New Zealand
Pleasantly suprised
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jan 2024via mobile
Reading reviews here it seemed to be a bit of a mixed bag so wasn’t sure what to expect however I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was straightforward and it was nice to get a room upgrade. I was allocated a room on the 9th floor that had a view out to the city. The room itself was well presented, the room was a good size and had a large TV. The sofa and chair were comfortable. The bathroom was nice albeit a little bit on the small size. I slept extremely well and didn’t hear any noise during the night. I quite enjoyed the chocolate hour (maybe every hotel should do this!) and the pool and sauna were very nice facilities to have. I believe this is the only Accor property in Wellington that has this. Based on the hotel itself I was willing to give it 5 stars based on value for money. Unfortunately, the thing that let it down was the in house restaurant and it brought my overall impression of the hotel down. My first choice of the beef cheek was not available (would have been nice to have been told this when I was given the menu) so opted for the steak. I was not impressed at a cost of $54 I was expecting something knock out but it really wasn’t- maybe it just wasn’t for me but the jus had a weird taste, the steak needed more seasoning and I found out I’m not a fan of bone marrow. I regretted dining here and would have gone elsewhere in hindsight. The service here also wasn’t anything to write home about either. I think they maybe need to revisit the menu in the restaurant and stop trying to be something they’re not. It’s a real shame. I would definitely stay here again (but maybe I’ll avoid the restaurant next time!)
Agoda.com
    $139
  • Novotel
    $143
Room service
travelodge wellington hotel guest king room
    $146
  • ibis
    $125
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Wellington
All reviews forage restaurant valet parking pool and sauna cuba st room upgrade a lovely stay comfortable bed lovely room hotel restaurant an easy walk lambton quay movenpick street lift accor cbd drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2024

We arrived 20 minutes after check in time but were told our room wasn’t ready. The man from reception explained that housekeeping were just making final touches and then he had to inspect it- bit odd. After roughly 45 minutes after arriving we were allowed to our room.
Upon opening the door the room immediately smelt of damp. The beds felt damp and we discovered the floor was wet after taking our shoes off and getting wet socks. Although the wait for the room was a bit inconvenient, we wouldn’t have minded if the room was ok when we finally got it. Don’t quite understand how he went to “inspect” the room and deemed it suitable. Felt like they knew something was wrong. We then had to go back to reception and get moved to a new room. He said he would give us an upgrade for the inconvenience but it was exactly the same type room.

Room was serviced on second day but milk and tea wasn’t replenished.

Lobby area and bar were nice. Didn’t eat at the restaurant but looked pricey.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Atif Khan, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Kia ora followingthesunn,

Thank you for your feedback , it is disappointing to hear that we checked you in a room which was not up to the standard . I’m a bit puzzled with the damp bed and carpet . I realise my response is not timely , I would appreciate if you would be able to share with me your booking details at Atif.khan@accor.com for me to investigate and come back to you.

I’m hoping you will give us another opportunity , I would like to offer you with a complimentary upgrade so you can experience our Executive rooms facing the harbour and Cuba quarter.

We look forward to serving you again in the future .

Reviewed 9 January 2024

Stayed a the property for a funeral. Had to book a suite due to lovely Wellington being busy. Friendly team members in the restaurant however very disappointed with the total lack of empathy from front desk. Asked for a later check out to go to the cremation and told no despite the fact that the room wasn’t booked for the following night. So had a rush back.

Date of stay: December 2023

Kia ora andrewd170,

Thank you for your feedback and apologies on the delayed response . I can totally relate to how you must have felt as I was organising a family funeral during the same period. I’m sorry we were not very accommodating on this occasion , generally I have always witnessed the team being flexible where they can . I can only think of that particular room type may be sold out as we only have 7 Executive suites which are in high demand given the lounge space and ability to sleep an additional person.
I hope the team would have been more transparent with you on why they were not able to offer you a late checkout or offer an alternative solution .

I’m sorry again that we were not able to meet your expectations .

We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2024

A small room with an even smaller bathroom. The bed was good with nice linens. Room service for breakfast was lovely. Great staff at front desk, the valet service, and the housekeeping staff. Very popular spread of chocolate, fruit and sweets every day at 4 p.m. Lovely to have steeped tea and cookies in the lobby.

Date of stay: December 2023

Kia ora 278mackay,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Mövenpick Hotel Wellington. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities and the great heartfelt service our team provides.The complimentary chocolate hours is very well received by our guests. May I suggest when you do plan to return to our beuatiful county again you book our Deluxe and Executive rooms which will give you more space and there is also room for a couch in our executive rooms overlooking the harbour and Cuba quarter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wellington and New zealand.

Reviewed 2 January 2024

Stayed 01/01/24
Service absolutely below standard!
Waited 25 minutes to check in due to one person on the desk.
Food below par and over priced.
Stayed Executive Room which included Breakfast, my Partner went before me to breakfast when I arrived 5 minutes later I was informed by a young man behind the bar that I wasn’t entitled to breakfast?
Obviously I corrected him but he persisted to say I wasn’t!

The fact my Partner was already sitting at the table made no difference. The fact that he said it with this ‘grin on his face’ and in front of other guests which totally embarrassed !

Then we moved onto Martinborough which is Devine so I check my Credit Card statement to see that we had been charged $11 when we had settled our bill on our debt account.

So at 3.50pm I rang the hotel to be informed the $11 charge was from the Mini Bar.

We absolutely had nothing from the minibar!

So, would I stay here again ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Be warned service is absolutely crap! No other words to describe it!

Should have stayed at Rydges! Lesson learnt.

Room tip: Absolutely avoid no where near 4/5 star I would put it at 3.5
Reviewed 17 December 2023

friendly check in staff clean quiet room with windows u can open a little ..this i appreciate and also tea and coffee variety very good clean lobby smelt nice ...room size is good bed too soft but not uncomfortable ... and i slept well and being a chronic insomniac all my life this says a lot... quiet room but too many light switches....the hill to the hotel sucks but its doable for the price point and i would absolutley stay gain u can walk to hip Cuba st easily from the hotel

Date of stay: November 2023