Lowest prices for your stay
$170
Movenpick
$170
ZenHotels.com
$166
All reviews forage restaurant valet parking pool and sauna cuba st room upgrade a lovely stay comfortable bed lovely room hotel restaurant an easy walk lambton quay movenpick street lift accor cbd drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2024

Stayed 01/01/24
Service absolutely below standard!
Waited 25 minutes to check in due to one person on the desk.
Food below par and over priced.
Stayed Executive Room which included Breakfast, my Partner went before me to breakfast when I arrived 5 minutes later I was informed by a young man behind the bar that I wasn’t entitled to breakfast?
Obviously I corrected him but he persisted to say I wasn’t!

The fact my Partner was already sitting at the table made no difference. The fact that he said it with this ‘grin on his face’ and in front of other guests which totally embarrassed !

Then we moved onto Martinborough which is Devine so I check my Credit Card statement to see that we had been charged $11 when we had settled our bill on our debt account.

So at 3.50pm I rang the hotel to be informed the $11 charge was from the Mini Bar.

We absolutely had nothing from the minibar!

So, would I stay here again ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Be warned service is absolutely crap! No other words to describe it!

Should have stayed at Rydges! Lesson learnt.

Room tip: Absolutely avoid no where near 4/5 star I would put it at 3.5
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2023

friendly check in staff clean quiet room with windows u can open a little ..this i appreciate and also tea and coffee variety very good clean lobby smelt nice ...room size is good bed too soft but not uncomfortable ... and i slept well and being a chronic insomniac all my life this says a lot... quiet room but too many light switches....the hill to the hotel sucks but its doable for the price point and i would absolutley stay gain u can walk to hip Cuba st easily from the hotel

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2023 via mobile

I was there as part of an APT tour. Accommodation was OK. Meal provided was half good and half bad. Wagyu beef cheeks were great. The tiramisu was just wrong. Sponge fingers were dry. They are meant to be moist from soaking in either coffee liquor or espresso, but it was a total fail. Also not happy that you could use cash. Nothing would drawn me back for a return visit.

Room tip: Eat somewhere else. Don’t go there if you want to use cash. There are also better locations.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2023

We try to stay at different locations when we travel to get a good feel of accommodation in our beautiful NZ cites. Movenpick Wellington was our first time staying there and things looked quite good from the outset. Although we had a few bus tours/sports teams staying at the same time we were there, the hotel didn't feel overly full, until, the breakfast buffet. If you intend on eating here knowing there are a few tours staying as well, ask the reception staff when those tours leave so you actually get to eat from the buffet without food running out consistently!! Our room was very nice, but not the 5 star rating advertised. The beds were very comfy the furniture nice to relax on. The bathroom was a bit smaller than other similar priced hotels but it did the job! If you have trouble walking up/down hills then this probably isn't the location to stay at, Although the city centre isn't that far away the hill getting back in is quite steep. All the staff we met were lovely and very well trained and the prices at the bar weren't too bad. If you're a chocolate lover then the daily 4pm (free) chocolate hour will keep you smiling!

Room tip: Pool was very nice and relaxing. Wasn't as hot as I thought it would be!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2023 via mobile

Promoted as a 5 star hotel BUT definitely NOT 5 star. Rooms are very small, bathrooms tiny. Restaurant food of poor quality. Non existent services. Asked reception what star rating this hotel was. They said “4 star at the moment”. So why advertise as 5 star?

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple