All reviews forage restaurant a deluxe king room main switch modern art deco smith street great comfort nespresso coffee machine reading lights major renovation war memorial museum valet parking is available stunning hotel glass door cuba st desk area room service was great we ordered room service
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had four nights in this fine hotel. Staff was professional, approachable and friendly. The large lobby was very inviting with nice furniture and continued into the bar and restaurant. Our room was on the top 9th floor with a lovely view over the city and also the harbour to the side. It had a very big bed, a sofa, an arm chair, coffee table, desk, bose sound system, big TV, modern Nespresso coffee machine and a nice bathroom. There was a small gym with very modern and good equipment, a swimming pool and sauna. We got the breakfast for only $1 per person per day, so that was a nice extra. We enjoyed our stay. The negatives were not important, but I will mention them: newspaper was requested and promised, but we only got it one day after re-requesting, then not again. There is quite a steep hill to get up to the hotel, from the city centre, however this is perhaps good, some free exercise and not really that hard. We will be happy to stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JadeStunden, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Kia ora ScandinavianKiwi, thank you so much for the detailed review, I am so happy you loved the hotel. I will follow up about your newspaper, I am very sorry for this. I hope you were able to find our VIP lift which can take some of the hill out of the walk back to the hotel. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently while we attended the WOW show. We had a quiet room with twin beds on the first floor. The room had a great view of a steep bank and got no sun at all so was consequently very dark. However, the room was well appointed and the beds very comfortable. The staff were friendly and professional. We did not dine in the restaurant but went to recommended cafes for brunch.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Kia ora Margret M, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the WOW show. I do hope to welcome you again next year and perhaps we can place your booking on a higher floor so you can experience more light

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We had a lovely quiet room with a gorgeous view over Wellington.Rooms are compact but nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable.The Hotel staff were all very friendly at reception, the bar and restaurant.Breakfast was very good with healthy options available.Would recommend & stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JadeStunden, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Kia ora X6560BNkim, Thank you for the review, it was great to read you loved our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you can visit again soon

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I had the opportunity to stay overnight at this hotel during a business trip.
Absolute first class experience both during check-in and check-out. Very professional staff at the front desk.
The room was great with a very nice view over the town. Bed was comfortable which gave me a good night sleep after a 44 hour trip from Europe.
The Wi-Fi signal in the room was good which allowed for skype calls without breaking.
i tried the restaurant for dinner and for breakfast and I must say that the food was both looking good and cooked very nicely to order.
A very good hotel that I for sure will choose again next time I will be in Wellington.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
JadeStunden, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Kia ora Henrik65, It was great to read your review and know that we ticked all of your boxes. I will be pleased to share this with my team. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us all

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Stayed overnight on a business trip and would certainly recommend to others. It is a short walk into Cuba Street and Victoria University. The staff were extremely professional, polite and accommodating. The rooms are well appointed and have some views which is always an added bonus. Would definitely stay at the Grand Mercure next time in Wellington.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Kia ora brg68mga, I am so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and location, thanks for the review!