“Feels like home”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Beautiful for see this 18000 km from home. So funny see the menu in Dutch/Flemish. The meals are typical Belgium and the beers are good. Friendly staff and a clean restaurant

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Called in for early evening meal to be met with friendly servers, good choice on the menus of both food & wines and Belgium beers.
Enjoyed the mushroom starter but the mussels were over cooked and a little rubbery. About average prices with other places locally it was maybe just my choice.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

This is an excellent restaurant. There is a good variety of Belgian and NZ themed food.
The food and the range of beers is very good and the service is exceptional. Definitely a great place to try.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

As I wondered past Leuven, I was suddenly struck by how hungry I was, and popped in. The menu looks very enticing overall but I settled on the known quantity of Eggs Benny. The service that greeted me was very polite and cheerful for an early morning. The coffee I ordered was overly burnt, but I didn’t complain, not sure why, too early maybe? Then the Eggs Benedict I received was quite odd, I probably should have taken a photo. It was the largest piece of cooked salmon I’ve ever received (isn’t the salmon on a Benny supposed to be fresh?) and the eggs were a little runny. As was the hollandaise. BUT after all that whinging, it was actually really enjoyable and I ate the whole plate.
I would probably have opted for 3.5 stars, not an option, but since I’m generous, consider the extra .5 a reflection on the premises itself. Really quaint little (kinda big actually) place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

This is not the first time we have visited the Leuven. Staff are very friendly as is the owner, Toby. Thanks for the great time we had at dinner one night. We all gathered for breakfast each morning as well. Great venue and perfect location to gather.

Date of visit: October 2018