“One of Wellington’s finest!”
Review of The Larder

The Larder
Ranked #9 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

Beautiful fresh sourdough, Salmon and Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Perfect coffee, a cozy warm atmosphere, & kind attentive service. In-house made bread and pastry is a highlight, all at a fair value. The larder gets it all right.

1  Thank joshlaneynz

Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

I tried to book as so many places are closed , spacing for social distancing and I’m coeliac so I called to make sure we could get a table.
They said not to worry - they would have a table. I called again to check that they were ok with my being coeliac- yes🙄 that’s fine.
Never been before just heard good reports so I didn’t know whether it was an innovative, quirky place for brunch or bready/ pastries type place.( it was the latter!)
I’m sure they thought I was over the top calling twice and sure enough when we arrived we found them a little distant and a touch condescending.
The choices were good, we shared three dishes and they were amazing.
Such good food.
Perfect- but I didn’t like the attitude towards us though the staff were really chatty to regulars.

Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

After coming out of the Weta workshop we headed in here for some late lunch, it’s a nice looking restaurant/cafe but the quality of the food takes your breath away, I had the buttermilk fried chicken burger with shoestring fries and homemade aioli and my wife had the beef fillet with onion rings and fries. It was all fantastic, a must.

1  Thank 652stuartb
Reviewed 7 May 2020

I cannot praise The Larder highly enough. It is providing an excellent
service with its takeaway menu during the difficult Covid-19 period.
We have been several times in the past week (self indulgent I know) - delicious chicken burgers, delectable Greek lamb gyros, tasty buttermilk chicken wraps and of course bacon and egg sandwiches - all thoroughly enjoyable. This is provided by the cheerful and friendly staff and client focused and efficient owners. Always a firm favourite with us in normal times but wonderful just now. Thank you

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Fresh tasty and well presented food. Have eaten this style of food regularly and I couldn’t fault this. Made my wife smile because it was so refreshing. Parking a knightmare and you may wait but it is work it. Try the soufflé. Subtle but delicious food at its best.

Date of visit: March 2020