“Just excellent!”

Ranked #16 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve traditional Cambodian food using our home recipes and the finest, market-fresh local ingredients. Siem Reap restaurant and their staff have been cooking for locals and visitors to the capital in their welcoming, spacious restaurant at 99 Dixon Street, Wellington, since 2007. (Near the corner of Dixon and Willis streets.) Whether you're looking for a Cambodian meal for two on the wing when you're in town, or you're organising a banquet-style dinner or lunch for a corporate group, then Siem Reap's inviting menu options, expert kitchen crew, and friendly front-of-house staff await you. Siem Reap restaurant is named after the region and city in Cambodia that is the gateway to the ancient temples of Angkor. Siem Reap has reinvented itself in the 21st century as the heartland of chic Cambodia for travellers.
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner. I've read good reviews about it and I decided to try for myself. I was not disappointed and quite happy that I did. I was greeted by a friendly and very accommodating staff. Restaurant setting and ambiance is very cosy. Food served has big portions and tasted good. Everything just seems inclined to my liking and it is definitely a must go-to restaurant when you come to Wellington.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018

A busy and cheerful venue with pleasant, helpful staff. The food was plentiful and tasty. Will definitely return again.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank rastrahl2017
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Loads of fresh vegetables in the Char Kreang, and the portion is huge. Think 1.5 x the size of a standard Indian curry takeaway container. The spring rolls are nice but beware of the chilli sauce. I don’t mind medium/hot flavours but this made the steam come out of my ears! Luckily it was served in a small separate container. The other peanut dressing with it we found delicious. There are 6 small spring rolls with the mentioned dressing and hot sauce and a small garnish salad.

Reading all the previous raving reviews my expectations were high.
They were almost met entirely. Perhaps it is just my tastebuds but I added two little salt sachets plus a little pepper from the hotel to make the flavours come out. Without the salt it was just too bland for me to give 5 stars. But again going off all other reviews, it may just be me.

Keep up the fresh produce! Great job on that.

1  Thank GoodStuff2016
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! Food is always consistent and delicious. The staff is very well informed and helpful, bar well stocked and it is such a relaxing contemporary dining experience! Can’t recommend this place enough. This time I had the Pork Belly and the Soft Shell Crab. Both were 10/10. If you’re in Wellington you must try!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We had the pancake... this was so nice, filled with crisp and fresh bean sprouts... nice and light. Also had the Amok.. really tasty. Excellent service. The salad served on the side was so crisp and fresh, beautiful dressing with this, bursting with flavor. Really reasonable prices. Would certainly go back and highly recommend to others.