“Good authentic Cambodian”

Ranked #16 of 923 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve traditional Cambodian food using our home recipes and the finest, market-fresh local ingredients. Siem Reap restaurant and their staff have been cooking for locals and visitors to the capital in their welcoming, spacious restaurant at 99 Dixon Street, Wellington, since 2007. (Near the corner of Dixon and Willis streets.) Whether you're looking for a Cambodian meal for two on the wing when you're in town, or you're organising a banquet-style dinner or lunch for a corporate group, then Siem Reap's inviting menu options, expert kitchen crew, and friendly front-of-house staff await you. Siem Reap restaurant is named after the region and city in Cambodia that is the gateway to the ancient temples of Angkor. Siem Reap has reinvented itself in the 21st century as the heartland of chic Cambodia for travellers.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Siem Reap on Dixon St has to be one of the most authentic Cambodian restaurant in town. Our visit often end up as a full 3 course meal mainly because most of the dishes on offer are tasty and good value. In terms of authenticity-ness, it seems to me that Siem Reap prepares it's dishes using ingredients that characterizes the Khemer cuisine such as Tumeric, coconut cream, lemon grass, mint leaves and, chilli.

Our favourite entree is the Rice Rolls - bits of vegetables, mint leaves and seafood rolled up in thin sheets of rice paper. A very good and light way to start your evening. Another favorite of ours is the 'Ban Chow' - a combination of minced chicken, seafood and salad stuffed in a savoury 'pancake'.

Personally, the highlight of my evening everytime we come here is the desserts - I love the sticky rice puddings - a real authentic treat. I'm not much of a wine drinker but the menu has an extensive wine list and beverages.

The owners (husband and wife team) are always present at Siem Reap as the head chef and maitre'd. Service is always good and efficient. Nothing is too much to ask from them.

Overall, Siem Reap must be one of my top Asian restaurant in Wellington and I'll gladly recommend this restaurant to my friends looking for authentic and yummy Cambodian.

Date of visit: March 2012

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic meal at this lovely restaurant and were very impressed with the fast and friendly service, and also with the beautiful meal! Looked like we were very lucky to get in without a booking, the restaurant filled up very quickly in the space of an hour, always a sure sign of a very good restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am a local. I think this is the only Cambodian restaurant in town. The food was fine. I had to send the wine back, I don't think people order wine here, I would stick with beer next time.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

One of our favourite ethnic Resteraunt's in Wellington. Always a great dinning experience with awesome food

Reviewed 27 January 2012

They used to be around the corner in Victoria St in a very small venue - always full. They have now for a number of years been in a very much larger place.
Always full.