“A delicious meal.”

Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the moment you step through our door, you will feel like you are in Italy. A unique combination of a Restaurant, Cafe and Retail shop, La Bella Italia in Petone, Wellington was born from director Antonio Cacace's passion to educate Kiwis about the beauty of traditional, authentic Italian products and cuisine.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Last night I went out for a meal with a friend. Normally we go to a place where the Mr wouldn’t eat and decided to throw a bit of variety in and head out for Italian. We both like to use a voucher and that did help with making the decision to go to La Bella Italia.

My dining partner and I often order exactly the same and have very similar tastes. This time we realised we were both conflicted between two choices. We took the logical route and ordered one of each and shared. Both dishes were delicious and sharing was a fantastic idea.

The dishes we shared were-

Cannelloni di Crespelle -Crepes filled with spinach, ricotta and pecorino cheese with sage butter.

They were good and very tasty. Rather than the cannelloni tubes, they were actual delicious crepes. We both really enjoyed these. I would have this dish again and eat it all. The balance was perfect.

Margherita- Fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes – san marzano

We attacked the pizza before I got a good photo. This pizza was excellent, I think it would be my favourite in Wellington. It reminded me of the pizza I get in my hometown (Brighton) where there is a big Italian community. The base tasted of being cooked in an authentic way, the cheese was stringy and there was a good splash of a decent olive oil. I would go back for pizza.

For dessert, we didn’t share. That is not something either of us would do! I choose the Bombolone. I did enjoy them but I can’t say they left me amazed, they were just good. My dining companion had the Attaccadito and found it a little dry. On the way out I noticed an orange and almond cake in the cabinet and next time I will inquire about that.

We did have a lovely meal and a lovely time. It is a great place for people watching as there is no place to hide and it is well lit. I look forward to going back one day.

LaBellaItaliaNZ, Owner at La Bella Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Ciao. We try our very best every day to serve our customers, to give an Italian experience in New Zealand. It is always a pleasure and satisfaction to receive positive feedback. Thank you very much, from Antonio, Luisa, and the La Bella team.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We came here as a family for a celebration. It was a pleasure as always. The staff were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was good. Each dish was clearly cooked to order and it was fresh and tasty. A worthwhile 45 minute journey to eat here. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

In the Wellington region, La Bella Italia is one of my favourite destinations. The converted warehouse has a great atmosphere and it's always packed with diners - couples, families, and long tables of friends celebrating a special occasion. The staff are welcoming and helpful. The food is always good be it pasta, pizza or something even more substantial. The added advantage is that the shop is a good place to stock up on Italian groceries and wine. Love it!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This Italian restaurant, deli, shop and cafe has a nice feel, even if it's very open and barn-like inside. The food was basic but nice and service curt but efficient.

LaBellaItaliaNZ, Guest Relations Manager at La Bella Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Ciao, thank you for the review. We're glad you enjoy coming to La Bella. We're glad you like the feel, food, and service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Enjoyed their risotto and chocolate dessert. I also tried their linguini which my husband had which I also liked. Would go back there again.

Ciao, thank you for the review. We're so glad you and your husband enjoyed your meals. The authentic Italian risotto and linguine are prepared fresh in our kitchen just for you. We hope to see you again soon, so you can try some of our many other delicious fresh dishes.