All reviews double tree heritage building grey street warm cookies amazing hotel room service on arrival lambton quay modern hotel great location lovely room cable car central location stayed here for nights would definitely stay here again comfortable bed waterfront
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a business trip for 6 nights. Notified the hotel that I'll be arriving past midnight. Arrived even later due to a delayed international flight. Get to the hotel only to be told they couldn't check me in due to some scheduled maintenance and they had been waiting for me for last 45 mins (with unnecessary attitude), and that I should have called (from the flight???). To add to the confusion, they assumed I was in some other flight, and other passengers had already arrived 45 mins ago. It's ok, no apology needed (none offered).

Later found, I was already checked in and didn't really have to wait. To add to my late night adventure, no help was offered with bags (I had 3) or shown where to go, simply - here's your key.

Finally the room was the saving grace. Newly renovated, nice n comfy bed, spacious, rain shower in the bathroom, nothing to complain about. It's an excellent location, central to everything.

Would definitely recommend staying here, staff could use an upgrade on customer service.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the doubletree for 3 nights as a family of 4. Our check in was warm and as we found throughout the hotel the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The only reason i have not given 5 stars and would warn other travelers when booking, do not make our mistake. We booked the cheaper ( not by a lot mind) room option. We realized after we had an accessible room. These slightly cheaper rooms are rooms 108 and 109 and back onto the kitchen cool room and besides staff room and storage cupboards for kitchen and cleaning supplies. Between 10 and 11 pm and 530 and 7am the staff talking, clattering of equipment, door shutting and cool room door literally shaking our bedroom wall when it was closed was ridiculous. You could not sleep through it.
On our second day I gave feedback to the reception desk. I have always worked in customer service and have high expectations. It is not often I would say my expectations are exceeded. But in this case where I was not at all looking to be compensated, I felt the staff made sure that this inconvenience did not ruin our stay the best that they could. I would like to make a special mention of the wonderful Sophie.

We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and would say it was one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had in a long time.

Walking distance to cable car, Tu Papa, waterfront, shops and dinning.

Rooms are beautiful in Art deco styling. Comfy beds.
Parking is limited and expensive but that is everywhere in Wellington.
I would 100% return to doubletree on my next trip to Wellington but definitely in a different room!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This hotel is a delight in the centre of Wellington. It is superbly decorated in contemporary art deco style. The beds are generous and incredibly comfortable with quality linen and pillows. There are bathrobes and slippers and the room was large and full of natural light. The only downside was the shower disappointed - we were unable to get it nice and hot and it isn't a generous flow of water.
The staff were helpful and polite.
I would definitely stay here again, especially if attending the WOW as we were within a few hundred metres of the show venue.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
MadsN252, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Niki211,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your 5 star review.

I was very disappointed to read that you had issues with our shower. We hope you took advantage of our “Make it right” policy.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on mads.nielsen@hilton.com to discuss the issue further.

Hopefully overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed here for 5-nights and we were extremely happy with our experience and the location of this hotel. It was so central and convenient to everywhere. The staff were very welcoming, very helpful and attentive. The room was clean and linens were all fresh. The breakfast on offer was delightfully varied and sufficient. Will highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: accessible to everywhere
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
MadsN252, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Kristine84_11,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and 5 star rating!

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found both room and service delivery to exceed your expectations, we do pride ourselves of our service team and I was very pleased to read that you felt welcome and cared.

We look forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We usually avoid chain hotels but decided to stay at Doubletree after finding a particularly good deal. The staff at the front desk were professional and friendly, the room was extremely comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent, providing a great range of healthy options as well as the traditional bacon, eggs etc. Fabulous location, just around the corner from the cable car and within easy walking distance of museums and restaurants. Little details such as warm cookies on arrival, Crabtree & Evelyn products and ample bench space in the bathroom made our stay more enjoyable. I will definitely stay at Doubletree by Hilton next time I visit Wellington.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
MadsN252, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear janicaa,

Thank you very much for your review and your 5 star rating!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the food in our lovely Spring restaurant.

We are indeed very fortunate with our location on Lambton Quay and Grey Street right in the heart of the CBD close to all main attractions, shops and restaurants.

Our service team is truly excellent and I was very pleased to read that you felt well looked after during your stay, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.