Flat Earth New Zealand Experiences
Book In Advance
Tours from Flat Earth New Zealand Experiences tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Flat Earth New Zealand Experiences
from US$267.70
from US$337.30
from US$121.70
from US$100.80
More Info
All reviews full day tour highly recommend this tour excellent tour his enthusiasm wings lotr movies taking photos morning tea great view of the city wellington city mt victoria visiting wellington behind the scenes filming lor rivendell sites
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Our guide Laura picked us up from hotel in Wellington for a Martinborough wine tasting day. She was great company and very informative. We drive through the Hutt Valley to Featherstone for coffee and visited 4 or 5 wineries all of which were excellent choices. Lunch in Martinborough at Pinocchio's was a highlight as was Poppies our favourite winery .Highly recommend this tour as Laura personalised it for us .

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Our tour guide, Mike, did an excellent job of showing us many of the sets used while making the Lord of the Rings series. He used still photos and DVDs to show the movie scenes as they were staged and then the trees, gravel pit, hills, parks, etc. that were used as a base for each scene. Mike's knowledge and illustrations were mind-blowing. We came away marveling at what movie makers do digitally. Amazing.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Su E
Reviewed 22 February 2015

What a great experience for fans and movie lovers!
As first time New Zealand visitors, my travel agent suggested this tour while we were in Wellington and as we are both massive fans of the Tolkien world we couldn't pass it up! I'm the fan who has spent hours watching the extended DVDs and was really just excited to see the locations. But as it turns out, I still had plenty to learn.
Our wonderful tour guide, Chewy, greeted us right on time at our hotel and was extremely personable and really wanted to make this tour as specific to us as possible. At each awesome location, he had the task of telling me something I didn't know and it was incredible having a guide and fellow nerd so dedicated to providing a really special experience for both me (the film buff) and her (the book buff).
The tour itself had a really great flow from location to location and you really get a full itinerary even for just the half day. We took a bunch of photos and the little location picture booklets had some neat photos to look at of the actual location filming (some, I had never seen before).
At the end of the day, it was the highlight of our time in Wellington and if I could steal Chewy to take me to every other location in New Zealand, I absolutely would.

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank CrystalSki_theatrebu
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

I can't remember the names of our two guides, but they were absolutely fantastic. We went on the 1/2 day Middle Earth tour and couldn't be more impressed with what we received. It was drizzling with rain most of the day and there was a cruise ship docked in Wellington at the time, so the "get off the road" location was packed. Our guides still managed to give us a great experience. And one of them (English bloke, I seriously can't remember his name) took some amazing photos for us. Highly recommended.

1  Thank WineLoverSarah
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Wow! This was so great. Paul had us laughing all day. We felt very lucky to be the only group with him. It was just 3 generations; My Mom, my LOTR obsessed daughter and I. What a great time. Got to see so much of the countryside laughing the whole way. Paul had us pose as hobbits and took photos of us...Gave me a bad time about taking constant photos! Showed us where so much was filmed; leaving my daughter in awe and laughing. Best thing. Go do it!

Date of experience: January 2015