“Friendly, Funny, Informative Guides”

Flat Earth New Zealand Experiences
Book In Advance
More Info
US$123.21*
and up
Wellington City Sightseeing Small-Group Tour
Ranked #11 of 54 Tours in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Hosted Luxury Day Tours in greater Wellington. Fun, friendly, luxury day tours around Wellington. Your host will deliver a memorable experience. Tours include:- Wild Wellington – nature and the out-doors- Middle-earth locations- Maori Treasures Tour- Inspiration – City Highlights- Wine tours – Martinborough, Marlborough and Hawkes Bay- Customised toursTravel by car, boat or helicopter - door to door. Entry fees and lunch included.
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

I can't remember the names of our two guides, but they were absolutely fantastic. We went on the 1/2 day Middle Earth tour and couldn't be more impressed with what we received. It was drizzling with rain most of the day and there was a cruise ship docked in Wellington at the time, so the "get off the road" location was packed. Our guides still managed to give us a great experience. And one of them (English bloke, I seriously can't remember his name) took some amazing photos for us. Highly recommended.

1  Thank WineLoverSarah
"excellent tour"
in 5 reviews
"filming locations"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
in 3 reviews
"taking photos"
"morning tea"
in 2 reviews
"great view of the city"
"wellington city"
in 3 reviews
"mt victoria"
"visiting wellington"

Reviewed 10 February 2015

Wow! This was so great. Paul had us laughing all day. We felt very lucky to be the only group with him. It was just 3 generations; My Mom, my LOTR obsessed daughter and I. What a great time. Got to see so much of the countryside laughing the whole way. Paul had us pose as hobbits and took photos of us...Gave me a bad time about taking constant photos! Showed us where so much was filmed; leaving my daughter in awe and laughing. Best thing. Go do it!

1  Thank Rox38
Reviewed 24 December 2014

Chewie was a fantastic guide, and I had such a fun day. Each stop was awesome, and I can't wait to bring my Mum back with me to do this tour. Definitely worth the money!

1  Thank Emily K
Reviewed 2 December 2014

We booked the full day extended Lord of the Rings Tour and overall had a great experience. Our tour guide "Chewie" was very knowledgeable and passionate about the movies - throughout the tour he shared all kinds of facts on the movies so there was never a dull moment. He also had us re-enact many of the scenes and took some really cool pictures of us!

The tour was a bit more expensive than some of the basic tours but was well-worth it as it was a much more personalized experience and it pays to have a great and knowledgeable tour guide.

Definitely recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2014

So very disappointed! I had booked a Lord of The Rings half-day tour with thsm through Viatour. Find out it was cancelled the night before, The person I spoke with sounded like he couldn't be bothered to speak with me and rushed me of the phone quickly. He made no suggestio or offered any alternatives, when I asked about a refund, I was told to contact viator in a very snooty voice. When I understand that a tour is not viable with just one person, he coulc have been a litte nicer and certainly more professional about it!