“Great Indian curries.”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our curries and naans and service. The meal was brought to us a bit slow .We had to wait 45 minutes .im not sure if this is normal or not.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We barely ate out when I was a child. The possibilities weren’t great and my father didn’t, as he put it, like his food mucked around with. Curries were the one rare exception.

I continue the tradition. Once or twice a month, and for some years, there’s lunch had at Great India. A vegetarian choice, pilau and paratha at an absurdly low set price. It’s not fine dining. I don’t intend it to be.

I have an arched eyebrow for terms like authenticity. In whose terms? It’s the integrity that matters; cooking and service that make a serious effort The quality here is always pleasurable. Sometimes inconstant, the food is never less than good and often very good.

And the hospitality is as warm as the curry.

This is a real pleasure on a damp Sunday?

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable interior, smiling service and delicious food! We had a lamb biriyani and lamb madras, both were fantastic, the best biriyani I've had in NZ for sure!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Had a meal here before a show at the Wellington Opera House. This is a great restaurant - fantastic food and great service. The staff made enquiries as to whether we had a deadline to complete the meal which was a very nice touch. The service was quick and attentive. Some of the seats could do with an overhaul to improve their comfort.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is a restaurant I generally visit on each business trip to Wgtn and the reason I visit is the quality of food and 'generally' the good service.
However this weekend we experienced particularly poor service on Saturday night, when the restaurant was not busy. We were given a table at the rear of the restaurant and basically forgotten, waited over 20 mins for a drinks service and then had a waiter that continued to serve across us and actually ended up sliding knives across the table to my fellow diners. At this point I spoke to the Maitre D' who assumed responsibility at the table for delivery of the meal. Add this to regular 'small flying insects' we killed as they flew around the table and the crackled distorted background music, made for a very forgettable evening on this occasion - especially when I had recommended we came here further to my past good experiences.
In balance, however, we still have to compliment the quality of the food, which really is excellent, although took a long time to be dished to us.
We clearly chose the wrong evening to visit and upon discussing our concerns at the point of payment - were offered a discount and apology
This visit was just sub-standard when compared to previous times, when all we wanted was to feel valued as a customer with attentive professional service complimented by good food to deliver a full experience.
Will explore other Indian restaurant options in the area for a while, sorry.