“Great indian food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Our favourite Indian food. We have been customers for many years and never disappointed with the quality of food and service. They have a great lunch deal. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The service was good. The drinks menu was reasonable. That was the good news.

We had samosas, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, lamb. curry, prawn curry and onion kulcha. Every dish was over spiced with cumin and about as subtle as a mack truck.There was no tandoori flavor, cardamon or tumeric hints in the chicken. The lamb was tough and chewy and the gravy was too thick and tasted like ketchup was a major ingredient. The prawns were ok but the sauce was too thick. The butter chicken passed muster but our guest had never had much Indian food. Service was friendly.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Great India is by far the best Indian I have ever had in New Zealand. Authentic flavours, coupled with quality, succulent chicken breast and the best naan.

I actually ordered from here twice in a row. Their butter chicken is very unique with bold flavours. More emphasis on the savoury flavour rather that sweet. 10/10

Their chicken vindaloo had an authentic flavour with strong spices. It was actually hot enough without me having to specify extra extra hot. If you're a 'kiwi hot' person, this may not be for you. It also came with potatoes. 10/10

Cheese naan both nights which comes with garlic. I could actually taste the cheese in the naan.

I'll definitely be back when I visit Wellington next!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I remember Rakesh from years ago when he supplied food for my mums pie warmer at 68 Tasman St, Wellington. His food has only gone from nomnomnom to sensational each visit. Chur BRO!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This place had the best butter chicken I've ever had. They also actually give you a enough rice, which I usually am frustrated with at Indian restaurants. The naan was also some of the best I've ever had. And the service was fantastic, our waitress was so sweet and our food came quickly. Highly recommend!