“Vegan Paradise”

Ranked #83 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2016

The food at Aunty Mena's is fantastic. I ordered stir fry noodles with mock chicken and it was delicious. Usually mock meats taste like soy but this stuff tasted almost real! Even my omnivore parents loved their meals. If I had one complaint it was the cleanliness. I didn't really trust their method of dish washing but I would definitely recommend visiting and will be back myself.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Visited this cafe for the first time recently. The dishes we had were reasonably priced and tasty. Plenty of choice for a vegan and vegetarian and good enough that we'll be back.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

A tiny little Asian Fusion cafe, Aunty Mena's is a must do for any vegan, vegetarian or even a meat eater will thoroughly enjoy it. A casual atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food thats not too expensive.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This little space has great noodles, of all types. Prepared fresh with great spices, from Malaysia and other Asian localities. And it's all vegetarian, a plus for me. I didn't have to grill them about what goes into their soups, or sauces.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have only just arrived in Wellington and after a tiring first day at work, I decided to treat myself. Being vegan I'm used to having only one choice on the menu so was totally overjoyed when I was told that all the food is suitable for vegans. Faced with so much choice I couldn't decide so asked the staff for recommendations, I was told the Laksa is really popular so went for that, along with the BBQ steam buns and dumpling soup. I took it home and shared it with my boyfriend, all the food was absolutely delicious! The portions were good sizes, we couldn't finish it all! The staff are super friendly and helpful, the food is fresh and tasty... I'm sure I'll be coming back again and again!

Date of visit: July 2016