“Fresh delicious food, so much choice!”

Aunty Mena's Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #83 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have only just arrived in Wellington and after a tiring first day at work, I decided to treat myself. Being vegan I'm used to having only one choice on the menu so was totally overjoyed when I was told that all the food is suitable for vegans. Faced with so much choice I couldn't decide so asked the staff for recommendations, I was told the Laksa is really popular so went for that, along with the BBQ steam buns and dumpling soup. I took it home and shared it with my boyfriend, all the food was absolutely delicious! The portions were good sizes, we couldn't finish it all! The staff are super friendly and helpful, the food is fresh and tasty... I'm sure I'll be coming back again and again!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I went here as much as possible during my time in Wellington! Friendly staff and delicious food. Great for vegans.. I wasn't really sure where to go as a vegan in Welly, but this place I highly recommend. Tasty, cheap enough, good vibe! Central as well, on Cuba St.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Aunty mena's vegetarian restaurant is exactly as you would expect, a great cheap eat.
I have eaten here twice in the past two weeks and have particularly enjoyed the curry noodles and "vegi balls" side! My partner who recently converted vegetarian was impressed with the vegetarian nuggets (very similar texture to the real deal!). Overall Aunty menas is a cheap restaurant and delivers for the price the charge! Highly recommend for fellow vegetarians or someone wanting to try something new, like their "mock chicken or lamb" options!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Went there for dinner but baulked at the table between door and angle they offered to me as a solo diner. Been there in the past with a group which wasn't too bad at all. I guess the square footage price makes solo diners too unattractive to cater too.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Martin_nitraM_Martin
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We all absolutely loved eating here for lunch! The choice was extensive (always a bonus for a vegetarian) & the food had texture, spicing, flavour & was adequately filling; we're certainly converted to dumplings, which were very good value! We will definitely return when we're next in Wellington!

Date of visit: April 2016