“Great views, great food”

Wagamama Wellington
Ranked #83 of 960 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Food to feed the soul! Asian inspired dishes - Ramen, Teppanyaki, Donburi, Gyoza, Curry, Salads, lots of sides to share! Casual dining in a modern environment that is family friendly.
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stopped in for dinner about 5pm on thursday night. Already busy, lots of families, it being the school holidays.
I had a very yummy yasai katsu curry and my daughter the chicken ramen. Their fresh juices are delicious and service and delivery of food was super quick. This is not fine, intimate dining. This is quick, friendly and cheerful and a little bit noisy when you're hungry and down on the waterfront, close to the TSB arena. By the time we left there was quite a queue, so dining early might be the way to go.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Four of us decided to go here after some of us being here previously been here & the great reviews. Unfortunately a bit disappointed, 3/4 had ramen and one one of us enjoyed it. Lacked flavour! Starters were great & so is the atmosphere

Reviewed 1 October 2017

First visit to Wagamama and did not disappoint from the moment we walked in quite late on a Friday evening, to the selection of food on offer. Slick service and friendly staff. The restaurant was not too busy when we arrived, but it was a nice funky space in which to dine. We both enjoyed the experience and will be back.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Wagamama you've let me down. I had such high expectations after reading many equally high reviews, yet, upon experiencing the restaurant for myself, I found it didn't quite live up to them. Maybe my standards are too high, but I thought the food was bland and generic, and totally overpriced for what you got. I had the chicken ramen, and was quite disappointed. Had to put a ton of chilli flakes on top just so I could taste something !! However, the sides were delicious. Still, I wouldn't got back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

With a group of 15. Good food and service, although the sirloin in my dish was not tender. Restaurant full and with concrete floors, very loud, so not great for conversing.