“Best Fish and Chips Wellington ”

Starfish Fish & Chips
Ranked #324 of 1,028 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I came across this fish and chip shop by accident and I’m really glad I stopped. Fresh cooked fish, friendly and clean. Small shop though so may be busy at times.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

This chippy is near my office and I treat myself to a battered fish and half a scoop of chips once a week. Half a scoop is more than ample and it's a great meal for just over $6. I think the reviewer below who said it was pricey must be mixing it up with the Thorndon Chippery one street over. That place looks good but I've not tried their fish and chips as Starfish is so good.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

After a long day sightseeing in fairly grim weather we just fancied fish and chips. Looked on TA and only found two within wAlking distance of hotel. Set off about 7.30 pm and it did take some finding up past the parliament buildings and cathedral but so glad we didn’t turn round. Freshly cooked and great value - probs the cheapest meal we’ve had in two weeks!! Lovely staff too

1  Thank primpops
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Out of all the fish and chip shops I've tried in Wellington, this is one of my favourites for plain old fish n chips (rather than burgers). I do think it is a bit expensive though - it is just fish and chips after all!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Well that's my humble opinion, but based on the queues out the door it's not a stretch to claim it is the best Fish and chips shop in town.

Service is fast, food is consistent clean oils used and it just tastes great.

Homemade fish cakes a must!