“Sunday Dinner ”

Price range: US$14 - US$27
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Super food all dishes recommended by the waitress who was on the money very informative friendly and absolutely lovely to deal with, answering questions, getting replacement cutlery, talking to chief for us too .. .... steak perfect medium rare, coleslaw yum, lettuce salad unique presentation and yum, brisket balls yum dessert awesome gourmet ice cream , unique twist to apple pie super topped off with large mug of freshly brewed coffee in copper mugs superfragilistexpelidous thanks too

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times. We've enjoyed the food, servers & experience. However, tonight I took my wife on a date & arrived an hour and a half before closing. Rather than being greeted we were promptly told they were closed. This is one of my pet peeves with the restaurant business. Why would you close your business so early when you've advertised online & in store that you're open til 10pm. They've lost our business and many others that could've come in.

josh f, Owner at Rye American Kitchen & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Hi there,
Thanks for noting you have previously enjoyed your dining experiences.
It's simply not possible to keep the restaurant open to 10pm every night but we are forced to choose a closing time on the likes of google. From our end it's just simply not financially viable to stay open till 10pm every night and for the customer, who would want to sit in an empty restaurant. We use our judgement to provide the best experience for our customers and I'm sorry you missed out this time but I don't think it's worthy of a 1 star review, please reconsider.
Kind regards,
Josh

Reviewed 24 August 2017

First table has given us the opportunity to try new restaurants, and Rye was fabulous. Friendly service, complimentry popcorn on arrival, and fabulous food

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stopped in for a late afternoon meal, I had never heard of Rye. The genre is obviously American and specializes in meat.
I liked the layout of the restaurant and the staff were very friendly.
If you like meat, you will love this place. We had the meat platter, which had brisket, pulled pork, short ribs and Texas sausage, oh and slaw and pickled veges with curly fries. We loved the tastes and the meats were cooked to perfection.
It was a little pricey but all in all really good.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were excited to discover that there was an American restaurant here in town and we decided to have a date night and visit this place that we have heard so much about.

As we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly young man whose demeanor was very warm and friendly. As we sat down we looked around and found that the establishment was clean but lacked the American vibe.

We ordered the basket of fried chicken for starters and although it was a mains we figured we would take what ever was left home to consume during the game tonight. At $24. Dollars I pictured a full basket. But was shocked when three pieces arrived.

In all fairness the food was delicious and I couldn't really fault the portion size but I felt the food was quite pricey.

I had the burger and my wife had the eye fillet. My meal was tasty but again very pricey for what was presented. There was also something quite spicy about the steak which my wife struggled with.

In all fairness we would not return again. We found it too expensive and if an American vibe is what one is after, visit the lonestar restaurant down the road. The food is better and they have great staff .

josh f, Owner at Rye American Kitchen & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hello Allen W,

Thank for taking the time to review our restaurant. Firstly thank you for your food review for the meals as being Delicious and that you couldn't fault the Portion size. We pride ourselves on delivering the most delicious food with good portion sizes. Thank you for these kind remarks.
Your comments on the "American vibe" I feel are a little unfair. Yes we are different from Lone Star, they are based off a Wild West theme very similar to the OutBack Steak house in the USA. Our Brand is actually Rye - Bar and Grill, with components of the menu being from the smoker, grill and other conventional cooking techniques. The American theme is based loosely around the fact that we have a great selection of smoked and grilled menu items.
Before I reply to your comments based on Lone Star prices, I have to say that I hesitate to talk negatively about any fellow restaurants out of respect for what they do. However in this case I feel I need to point out that across the board our meals are more competitively priced.
If you look at our menus side by side you will clearly see that we have a large number of main meals that are well below the $30 mark. Considering that we have premium products and ingredients I feel that you couldn't be more wrong on this particular subject.

Again thank you for your review and giving us the chance to clarify your comments. We always strive to get repeat customers and feel we ticked all the necessary boxes in your case. We do hope you will return in the future.