4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$151
eDreamsUS$151
Agoda.comUS$151
TripadvisorUS$151
Hotels.com
1,623 results
All reviews halo infinity pool buffet breakfast water view overlooking the harbour lovely view lovely room mt maunganui new zealand spa bath sebel balcony conference strand outlook bay nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2021

One of my guests rooms wasn't prepared, and had to wait - surprising given that was at 6PMish.
Buffet breakfasts only annoy me, especially when proper coffee is charged as an extra- very poor value when only light breakfast required- will go to a cafe next time.
Junior staff member struggled with coffee order/delivery- not sure his future is in hospitality- even though he was friendly and apologetic.

Room tip: View of water better than train tracks or carpark
Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2021

Good quality hotel in a great location. Easy access to from main highway. Hotel is in grreat condition. Great facilities and friendly staff. Will stay again when I am in Tauranga.
Room and bathroom of a high standard, and very spacious.
Restaraunt food was excellent, and lovely to sit outside and have a drink in the evening looking over the water.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 2 February 2021

Friendly staff, room clean, good bathroom and comfy bed. However, in general the hotel is underwhelming for the price. The pool was nice and clean, but small for the size of hotel, it would easily get crowded with 5 or 6 people in there. There was only 1 sun lounger as well. Buffet breakfast was disappointing, we came down for breakfast at 9.20 and breakfast was supposed to be served until 10. Lots of items in the buffet had not been replenished and breads and cheeses were not all fresh, quality of food avergae. Room for improvements.

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

So I am sitting here as I attempted to check in 5 minutes early. I was told my room was not ready and that check in is at 2 so it’s my fault for being there at 1.55. We have been sitting here now for 1/2 hour. No apologies and many many people are being shown to their room. We have not been acknowledged offered a coffee or anything. Extremely unimpressed as it is rare we child free time away and we are wasting our time sitting here. Hubby asked at counter and told still not ready. Again no apology.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Trinity Wharf Marketing, Marketing at Trinity Wharf Tauranga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Hi Ruth, my sincere apologies for the lack of communication around your room being available. We do generally try to accommodate early check in when we can, but it seems that in this instance we were unable. This does not excuse a lack of communication and the additional delay you experienced. If you''d like to email me with some more information around your date of check in, then we can chat to our team on duty to ensure they are more attentive in future. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Room was nice, clean

Service a bit sterile

Very slow at the bar

Room service ordered, didn’t show, couldn’t contact anyone...

Location a little out of the way but convenient if you are driving

Just a bit underwhelming, more of a business hotel perhaps

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Basil9999, thanks so much for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear your stay with us was underwhelming. We'll chat to the team about our service timings to improve there in future. Our hotel is located within the central CBD, a 5 minutes walk to the strand and a 10 minute drive from the Tauranga airport, so it's regretful you found our location out of the way. We hope you'll come back in future where I hope you'll find our service more accommodating.