I arrived to be told that the hotel had no water but it would be back on around 5pm! Perfect not! as I needed to shower before leaving for an event at 5.30. Secondly I could not access the floor I was on as they were taking up the carpet, this wasn't a big deal but trying to work out where the lift I was supposed to take to get my room was. Just a vague arrow point down a hall which gave no indication of what to do once you go to the end of the hall. Finally, we went down to meet before heading out to the function and the carpets in the lounge area had been cleaned and we could not meet there. I really feel that if they are going to book guests in during a scheduled maintenance period they should advise and price accordingly. When I finally made it to my room, I found that to use the internet I needed a code that reception was supposed to give to me. They hadn't, small things but they add up. The last straw was when I got back home to find another charge on my credit card for $8.76! This turned out to be the plunger coffee supplied in the room which made ONE CUP! I travel a lot and have never ever been charged for the plunger coffee this was a huge negative. Our company booked three rooms here and one of the other guests bathroom was flooded from the room above in the early hours of the morning. Never again and I certainly won't be recommending this to the rest of the staff that I work with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat that reaches out to the ever-changing waters of the Tauranga Harbourand captures the very essence of New Zealand hospitality. This is a truly unique hotel located on and over the waters edge.Situated on the Pacific Coast Highway, in the sunny Bay of Plenty Region, Trinity Wharf Tauranga is surrounded by a diverse range of leisure and entertainment activities. It is essentially a gathering place - be it to 'gather yourself' or to gather with others. A place where you can be as active, or as restful as you like. Free wifi available throughout the hotel for in-house guests, and 176 on-site car parks. Accommodation: Architecturally designed across three central piers, Trinity Wharf Tauranga presents 123 well appointed guest rooms, of which 60 can accommodate twin share options for group travel or wedding guests. Two Bedroom and Three Bedroom Apartment options with fully equipped kitchen, laundry and spacious lounge/ dining areas make for an excellent family haven. Premium Water View Spa Guestrooms and the Trinity Wharf Suite provide spectacular harbour views, balconies on or over the water and offer luxurious spa baths - perfect for a special leisure escape. Events: Five versatile event venues provide excellent options for in-house residential conferences or special occasions. The Trinity Rooms (with capacity for up to 350 guests) have direct access to the hotel pontoon, enabling event guests to easily make their way to a boat transfer or an awaiting helicopter. For more intimate cocktail gatherings, product launches or corporate meetings, the Pool House Rooms (capacity for up to 80 guests) open on to the infinity edge pool and the refreshing harbour views beyond. An Exhibition Hall suitable for up to 28 trade display booths or themed gala dinners can seat up to 400 people theatre style. Lounge & Dining: Halo Lounge and Dining serves a fantastic array of breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and supper options, as well as a fine cup of espresso, cocktails and an excellent wine selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trinity Wharf Tauranga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Trinity Wharf Tauranga Hotel Tauranga
- Sebel Trinity Wharf Tauranga
- Sebel Trinity Wharf Hotel Tauranga