“Friendly attentive staff and great food”
Review of La Mexica

La Mexica
Ranked #176 of 449 Restaurants in Tauranga
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If you're looking for authentic, fresh, tasty Mexican food and drinks in a fun atmosphere then try out La Mexica! We have a range of Mexican inspired cuisine for all palates, whether you like it mild or spicy. Daily food and drink specials and live performers and DJ's on the weekends to create the perfect environment to relax and enjoy good times with friends. We specialise in group bookings from a private courtyard room for max 30 people to whole restaurant private events up to 150 people. We have intimate spaces for couples dining for lunch or evening as well as large spaces for groups. Perfect for birthdays, family get-togethers and work functions! La Mexica Cantina and Restaurant - 109, The Strand, Tauranga.
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We had a wonderful meal here, we were in a hurry to go to the movies and the staff made sure that this was possible.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The place was empty,we should have taken that as the first warning sign...we could barely eat our food,the mince was flavourless and stone cold. The tortilla chips were stale,The guacamole and salsa were disgusting..Do but come here!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We went there for the first time on Monday the 20th of Aug 2018 and it was only the seven of us and one other table with three people. Two adult meals, an entree and one kids meal came out together. They then told us we had to wait 10 minutes for the other three kids meals. After the 10 minutes two more kids meals came out and we then had to wait another 5 minutes for the last kids meal. We didn't get any apologies from the staff when this happened. The food was okay, nothing special. It was very disappointing service especially when they have no excuse of it being very busy. We only went there because Barrio Brothers was closed and we will never be going there again. I do not recommend this place at all.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I am disappointed in the service there. Is this how you treat somebody for whose injury you are responsible?

The bar was leaking on our night out dancing, there where no warning signs, nothing and they didn't even try to reduce the amount of water on the dance floor and I slipped and dislocated my knee. When I fell, I landed on my phone and it got completely destroyed.

Now I am aware that I do not have a legal claim here, but when I tried to file a report that night, they sent me home and told me to come back the next day. I could barely walk and just wanted to cry. They still didn't give me any claim form the next day, just took some pictures and told me they'd call me.

But nothing. I am still waiting. If you don't have the courtesy to take some responsibility for sth that got destroyed because of you neglecting your health and safety regulations, at least be polite enough to write an email, answer on Facebook and say sorry.

Don't make the other person wait and hope to hear back, because any little amount would have helped, as I do not have much money and also I couldn't even recover my Data from my phone.

I find that behaviour simply mean. I got completely ignored. If you don't want to cover anything fair enough, you are not legally bound, unless I'd sue you, for which I do not have the money and I already left Tauranga, but don't just ignore somebody. At least reply and say sorry...that's really all I was waiting for :(

Do just know what's going on and not be kept in the dark.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018

The food was nothing to write about, lacking flavour. Service was alright, kids meal came out last and was VERY hot. Won't be back.

Date of visit: July 2018