All reviews wonderful hosts lovely view karla john lavender bnb privacy luxury
Reviewed 15 February 2015

I can only echo what other reviewers have mentioned about the impeccable attention to detail and incredible hospitality that Karla and John display as hosts. We spent a lovely weekend at the Lodge, and felt so well looked during our stay. The surroundings are just beautiful, the views are amazing and the level of service sails above that of other NZ B&Bs. I can't recommend the Tauranga Lodge highly enough, they get everything just right.

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank notmagnificent
Karla E, Owner at Tauranga Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

We just love seeing our guest relax and enjoying what we have to offer at the lodge. It was fantastic to have you both stay with us and we are really thrilled you had such an enjoyable time.

Cheers for now,

Karla and John

Reviewed 7 February 2015

Visited in January 2015 while in NZ for 2 weeks. Impeccable lodge. Impeccable room. We were served breakfast on the terrace outlooking the bay. A wonderful view. We were served dinner in the living room with the same view. Food was excellent. But above all, the kindness of Karla and John made the visit to Tauranga Lodge a special moment of our vacation. A place to stay when you are visiting this part of New Zealand.

Date of stay: January 2015
3  Thank LucCanada2015

Merci Luc,

Thankyou for such kind words. It was so wonderful to have you and your beautiful wife stay with us. We are so please you enjoyed your stay and were able to see so many things while you were here.

John and I look forward to share a glass of wine with you both once you finally retire.

Cheer Karla and John

Reviewed 27 January 2015

We first visited this Lodge last year and loved it, this was our second visit and we will keep going back. The views are magnificent, the proprietors are uber professional and friendly, the property is very welcoming. Its high class.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank AngelaFaye74
Karla E, Owner at Tauranga Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

It was such a pleasure to have you both back with us again. Thanks again for the lovely gift it was such a surprise. Can’t wait for next time and really look forward to sharing a glass of wine and hearing about all your adventures.

Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

People have said to me that before you travel abroad you need to be a tourist in your own country first.

The Tauranga lodge is nestled in the hills comfortably just outside of town, and with a picturesque view over Tauranga and Mt Maunganui it, in my opinion, is world class.

The lodge itself is beautiful and has you enjoying its homely features as soon as you arrive. Much of this is down to the warm and constantly exceptional service you will encounter at the lodge. My partner and I were utterly blown away with how well we were looked after day and night with beautiful meals, wine and facilities like the outdoor spa pool that provides a beautiful experience once the stars settle in to the evening sky.

The lodge showed me apart of my own country that I'll never forget,

Thankyou John and Karla for making our stay magical!

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Josh H

Josh we were thrilled that you both choose to stay with us at the Tauranga Lodge and were able to relax and enjoy a much needed break. Sometimes it just great to stop, relax, unwind and let someone else fuss over you.(:

Reviewed 10 December 2014

I stayed for four nights in December 2014. It was the most wonderful place to stay! I was so well looked after. Karla and John went above and beyond my expectations in accommodating us. Amazing food, modern and comfortable accommodation. It's the perfect place to base yourself at - a short drive to town, and only around 40 minutes to a range of different locations (like Rotorua). Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Liz B

Four days was just perfect for you to be able to really enjoy what the Bay has to offer. We were amazed at how much you were able to pack into your holiday and still have time to come back to the lodge in the evening and relax with dinner. It was such a great idea to fly in and out of Tauranga and have your car waiting at the airport.