Ways to Experience McLaren Falls Park
from US$121.77
from US$132.52
from US$358.16
More Info
All reviews glow worms excellent cafe waterfall walk camping ground rock pools picnic bridge ranger track rocks arboretum lakeside nature
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

I recently visted the falls with my family. One child was asleep in the car, so I went ahead with the baby in a pack for the 10 minute walk to the waterfall. The trail is shady and cool going up and sunnier on the opposite side of the creek coming back. (On a hot day you can take the shady side back!) The waterfall is stunningly beautiful and just a short hike to see it! The rest of my family joined me and we got some great pics. I can't wait to go again on my next visit and do it at night to see the glow worms.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Stopped here on way to Hobbiton to see a waterfall, beautiful area. Stunning woods and walks, shame we couldn’t linger longer.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 1 February 2019

We visited to see the waterfall which is lovely and if we'd had the time available could easily have spent a day there enjoying the area and views.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 28 January 2019

This lovely place only a short drive from Tauranga is worth a visit. Stunning views alongside lovely walks plus an on site cafe

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 25 January 2019

We choose a glorious sunny afternoon in the Christmas break to visit this attraction.Unfortunetly it was extremely busy, with hardly any parking, and few places to sit.I did enjoy a very refreshing swim and later found that with a little effort and the agility of a goat you could get away from the crowds and enjoy the beauty of the river, without all the crowds of people.

Date of experience: December 2018