Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$121
Orbitz.com
eDreamsUS$121
PricelineUS$121
Expedia.comUS$121
Hotels.comUS$121
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Kids loved having a trampoline and pool on site. Parents loved the cleanliness and customer service! Family unit was perfect layout for a family of four. Staff members were very friendly and welcoming.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2020

We were 4 adults 1 child staying in Room 17. Great cleaners I should know as have been a cleaner 35 years in all aspects of the cleaning industry.motels/hotels included and have stayed in so many nice room but that's the only good point.we had a visitor and 2 children added to the mix they were laughing having fun we sat down to dinner and were conversing with each other the children were eating at the coffee table the motelier come up to tell us to lower our voices as there were workers downstairs from us so all through the catchup of my nieces they were whispering HOW RUDE!! because they did not want to make a noise the children did not once jump around they were told to whisper not make a noise. Next morning rang and asked if we could rebook for another night and were told room was taken of course we knew this to be a lie so stripped beds tidied our mess left our rubbish behind told the cleaning lady so ensured dishes were done as I know they have to rewash all the dishes again (well we always did in the motel I worked in) even put the sofa bed back together that is how we roll as a whanau try to make it a little easier on the cleaners and not leave a mess for someone else to clean..found another friendlier motel more private and relaxing Ambassador Motor Inn made us feel like we were on tenderhooks walking on eggshells when the manager told us to keep our voices down it was on the tip of my tongue to remind her that it is a motel different story if we were boozy loud and proud but that just made matters and staying there crap really.. as for asking to rebook the child with us was going back to her home in Tauranga one of my nieces and I had just finished the Targa motorsports Rally my other niece fell ill and ended in Tauranga Hospital which was the reason we were in Tauranga we were told by Manager that we could rebook if we needed the only reason we did ask to rebook was to save the hassle of finding another motel so in hindsight her NO was a godsend and we found a much better and relaxing place the laundry was right next door to our room a bonus for us.
Recommendation Not family friendly Manager patrols the area so if you want to stay in a motel thats not a motel this is the place to be so Ambassador Motor In you need to change your amenities availability and take away the family friendly because for a Motor Inn/Motel you truly are not I can imagine how those WINZ clients feel poor kids!!

Room tip: upstairs units no good if you are a larger group or family better the bottom units
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 17 September 2019

Amazing service and room! Staff were so kind and welcoming. Our room was very clean and new! It is very comfy! Definitely reccomend! It's also very close to the city and mount which made travelling around easy!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
kazza54Tauranga, Manager at Ambassador Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Thank you, and I am glad you enjoy your stay. I am very proud of my new units

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This motel charged me $290 for 2 nights accommodation. I have stayed in better backpackers for $35 a night. The room was damp, smelly and cold. The door was faulty and felt very unsafe. The billboard saying 50+ sky channels was essentially a lie as the sky cable in the room was broken. The man who checked me in was rude and unfriendly. Please do not stay here if you would like a nice time in the lovely city of tauranga.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome and place fully booked. Little hard to access from busy road but helped with rear exit. Room comfortable and clean. Some road noise. Good value. The bed was good and I enjoyed a great nights sleep.

Date of stay: August 2018