“Great location, not so much the food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Phil's Place

Phil's Place
Ranked #51 of 377 Restaurants in Tauranga
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups, New Zealand
Good for: Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open 7 days a week from 11.30 Am and serving food all day. We are located right on the waters edge at the Tauranga Bridge Marina. Large menus to suit all ages and we do have children"s portions available. Friendly staff in a wonderful ambiance. Delicious food and affordable prices.No surcharge on public holidays. Closed Christmas Day , 26th and 27th December.
Opotiki, New Zealand
“Great location, not so much the food”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

2 lunch meals both disappointed: steak open sandwich with overcooked leathery steak ; seafood skewer 2 tiny scallops over cooked and dry, prawns & squid ok. Wild rice dry and boring, made edible by tasty coriander dip. Salad not dressed. Fortunately desserts were delicious - and the view is fabulous.

Visited April 2017
JoatPhilsPlace, Manager at Phil's Place, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We apologise if you didn't enjoy your meal and appreciate your comments.

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Phil's Place is Awesome”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The venue is great - affording views of the harbour and tons of parking. Staff reception is warm and welcoming. As a party of eight mature (or thereabouts!) and discerning diners, we were given the private room adjacent to the restaurant and were smothered in attention. Eight different diners ordered eight different meals from all over the menu and specials board, and each raved about his/her meal. Not a single dud among the entrees, mains and desserts. I had the pork belly and it was so good I've tried to replicate it myself three times without success. It melted in the mouth. The fish dishes were fresh (SO important with fish) and cooked to perfection. The chefs really know their stuff. Lovely wines and other drinks complemented a super meal. Nice one, Phil!

• Visited July 2016
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Looks the part But....”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Phil's place sits on the edge of the marina looking towards the sunset and on the night we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary it was a stunning evening, the restaurant is lovely, and the service is reasonable/good/average.
Mains run at about $36 -$39 so it is slightly higher end, so I expected very good meals, hence my disappointment with my steak meal. Compared with what it should have been, I would rate it a 4 out of 10. I asked for a medium well done steak which to my experience means, pink but not bloody on the inside. My steak was so well done on one edge I could barely cut it while on the other edge was rare. I didn't make an issue, because it would have spoiled my beautiful wife's evening

• Visited April 2017
“Could have been in Port Douglas!”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stunning sunny day, sat overlooking water, friendly prompt service without being IN YOUR FACE!
Both meals ceviche and prawn salad superb, could have been in one of our favourite holiday places with ambience, weather and such fresh light food.
Easy parking too, and setting puts you in holiday mood!

• Visited April 2017
“Always a rockin time out!”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Love this place so much. Great tunes are always playing in the background with amazing food served every time. The atmosphere is relaxing and the staff are always welcoming. My family and I always keep coming back as we know we will always have a great night out.

JoatPhilsPlace, Manager at Phil's Place, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your lovely comments.