“Phil's Place is Awesome”
Review of Phil's Place

Phil's Place
Ranked #49 of 382 Restaurants in Tauranga
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open 7 days a week from 11.30 Am and serving food all day. We are located right on the waters edge at the Tauranga Bridge Marina. Large menus to suit all ages and we do have children"s portions available. Friendly staff in a wonderful ambiance. Delicious food and affordable prices.No surcharge on public holidays. Closed Christmas Day , 26th and 27th December.
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Phil's Place is Awesome”
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The venue is great - affording views of the harbour and tons of parking. Staff reception is warm and welcoming. As a party of eight mature (or thereabouts!) and discerning diners, we were given the private room adjacent to the restaurant and were smothered in attention. Eight different diners ordered eight different meals from all over the menu and specials board, and each raved about his/her meal. Not a single dud among the entrees, mains and desserts. I had the pork belly and it was so good I've tried to replicate it myself three times without success. It melted in the mouth. The fish dishes were fresh (SO important with fish) and cooked to perfection. The chefs really know their stuff. Lovely wines and other drinks complemented a super meal. Nice one, Phil!

• Visited July 2016

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looks the part But....”
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Phil's place sits on the edge of the marina looking towards the sunset and on the night we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary it was a stunning evening, the restaurant is lovely, and the service is reasonable/good/average.
Mains run at about $36 -$39 so it is slightly higher end, so I expected very good meals, hence my disappointment with my steak meal. Compared with what it should have been, I would rate it a 4 out of 10. I asked for a medium well done steak which to my experience means, pink but not bloody on the inside. My steak was so well done on one edge I could barely cut it while on the other edge was rare. I didn't make an issue, because it would have spoiled my beautiful wife's evening

1 Thank RussRascal
“Could have been in Port Douglas!”
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Stunning sunny day, sat overlooking water, friendly prompt service without being IN YOUR FACE!
Both meals ceviche and prawn salad superb, could have been in one of our favourite holiday places with ambience, weather and such fresh light food.
Easy parking too, and setting puts you in holiday mood!

• Visited April 2017
“Always a rockin time out!”
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Love this place so much. Great tunes are always playing in the background with amazing food served every time. The atmosphere is relaxing and the staff are always welcoming. My family and I always keep coming back as we know we will always have a great night out.

JoatPhilsPlace, Manager at Phil's Place, responded to this review, 7 April 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Wellington, New Zealand
“A very nice place to have an evening meal with a pleasent outlook”
Reviewed 5 April 2017

There is ample parking and the venue and menu are great. Service was personal and efficient. There is also a good wine list but beer selection was mainly bottles. bookings are optional but because it is popular one should.

• Visited March 2017