All reviews private thermal pool hot tub rooms were clean and tidy two single beds new owners living room john trampoline unit motel accommodation bath driveway microwave rotorua kitchen cleaners
Reviewed 24 November 2015

We visit New Zealand often and always look for an oppertunity to find a hot thermal pool and found Bennetts Motel had private thermal pools, We just had to step out of our bedroom door and we were straight into a lovely hot pool on a cold night, our Grandchildren enjoyed that both the thermal pool and the warm guest pool as the weather being a bit doubtful did not deter them. The Reciption was very friendly and helpful the motel rooms are very dated but clean and comfortable they provide a free limted Wifi on a daily bases, rooms are serviced daily and suited our holiday needs.
we did find it a bit tricky driving in and out of the motel as its right on a bend you have to pay attention and be very quick. Over all we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: we had the end motel room so no passing traffic very quite.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
BennettsManagement, Owner at Bennett's Thermal Pools Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Thanks kindly for your review Paul we appreciate all reviews as they are very helpful to other traveller's.
Thanks again regards

Reviewed 23 November 2015

We arrived early, and they welcomed us in with open arms. we had our own private thermal pool which was amazing, and they were very friendly. definitely going here again!!! when we got in we got a little bottle of milk given to us, which wasn't just cute, but really useful as well. the hair dryers were free to use which was awesome, and the place was spectatcularly clean when we got there. the beds were made nicely, and in the shower there is a dispenser for shampoo and soap. an amazing place. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: definitely pick a room near the barbeque and the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks folks, I'm really pleased you enjoyed our thermal pools & hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Have yourselves a very Merry Xmas.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

This motel was booked on the fly. We had a death in our family an needed to get to tauranga urgently. I searched for a motel an this was the only one left available in my price range so I booked.
The motel owners were lovely an very friendly however we must if booked on the worst night ever.
The whole motel was booked out by a bikers club so it was very loud. I managed to get maybe two hours sleep at best. I should have just slept on the floor at my families home an I would have got more sleep. Doors slamming, people talking, bikes taking off were just some of the disruptions thru the night. Then at 6.30am I was awoken to them all gathering for a bbq! Which was across from our room.
This was just bad timing on our booking I guess.
The room was clean and tidy but very out dated. The room with the queen bed was nice but I slept on the single bed that had no pillow an was super hard.
The couch in lounge was like sitting on a plane of wood. All padding had gone.
There was no hair dryer in the bathroom. However I read in there motel book u could arrange one from reception.
Thermal spa was beautiful an probably the highlight of the stay.
We ended up checking out before 8 am and had a sleep at our mums before driving 5 hrs home which we shouldn't have needed to do if we had the rest we thought we would get by staying in a motel.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisacunningham01
BennettsManagement, Owner at Bennett's Thermal Pools Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

Hi Lisa, I'm very sorry you had a disrupted sleep. Those bikers were only the 2nd lot we've had whilst here & unfortunately they booked as small numbers and I didn't realise at the time I'm guessing your couch was a two seater and only a year old so I'm at a bit of a loss on that one. The spare pillows for the divan bed were unfortunately in the wardrobe & when I think the bed will be used I always try to advise guests as to where there're stored, so again my apologies on that one. Re the hair dryer unfortunately they are not 'hard wired' like our other units & because of past theft we need to keep them at reception.
Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2015

What a great place to stay. John and his wife were great hosts and went out of their way to make sure we were looked after. There were 7 of as so we booked 2 units. on the last day we ordered breakfast for 7 am and all was ready and John gave a call @ 06:55. Lovely clean units and well cared for. Also in a picturesque part of Tauranga with a great walking track. Thank you John for great Hospitatality.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
BennettsManagement, Owner at Bennett's Thermal Pools Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Thank you for your great review, I really appreciate it.We believe service and cleanliness are the two most important parts of any accommodation, I'm very pleased we ticked those boxes for your family & would love to host you again in the future.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

A pathetic motel we arrived after booking thru qantas the front door geriatric declared there has been some mistake I remember the name and the booking but sorry I don't have a room for your family !

Didn't even wait around for refund .

Pathetic

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve K
BennettsManagement, Owner at Bennett's Thermal Pools Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Sorry guest but you actually paid through Expedia and not directly with the motel, unfortunately their system has a habit of double selling our units and having turned up with an extra adult we simply had no room suitable. We were finding you alternative accommodation when you informed us that you would find your own. We gave you our card & you were to give it to the hotel you found so we could organise the rooms payment. We very much regret this incident & have apologised & it's the vey reason we encourage folks to book directly with the hotels.

sincerely