Review Highlights
Managed to escape with no clues!

Had an absolute blast! Very professional, can't stop talking about our experience! Will definitely... read more

Reviewed 2 April 2021
sarnge
Auckland, New Zealand
Exciting and challenging.

My granddaughter chose this activity as her birthday treat, and what a great choice! We were a bit... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2021

from US$25.64
from US$25.64
from US$35.89
More Info
All reviews escape room clues penalty challenging escaped activity
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2020

This was without exception one of the best escape room experiences of my life!

The puzzles are challenging but not obscure or difficult once you get the grasp. Not only that but the owners are clearly passionate about their craft!

I can not recommend this escape room more highly!!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 8 December 2020

This was our first attempt doing an escape room and we thoroughly enjoyed it. There are lots of puzzles and things to solve, our host Michelle was really nice and gave us an extra few mins at the to finish the quiz. If you are visiting Taupo I would recommend this attraction it is well worth it.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 19 July 2020

AMAZING!!! Had such a wonderful time. I’ve done several escape rooms before and this is by far my favourite. I loved the time penalty for asking for a clue, as it makes it more fair for comparisons across teams getting out of the room. I was on edge and busy the entire experience, with so many puzzles to solve in the hour I was very aware of the time left. Challenging, exciting, and a great experience overall. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

What an awesome experience! A great crowd pleaser and it entertained the teenagers too. Everyone came away buzzing and wanting to return the next day. Well done guys, we will definitely be back.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Loved the escape room at The Locked Room. Challenging and fun puzzles, and our game master Michelle was very friendly and helpful. This is our 5th escape room on our trip in NZ and this is far and away the best. A shame there is only one room because we wanted to play more :( Would 100% recommend this place!

Date of experience: February 2020
KelvinOConnor, Manager at The Locked Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Thanks so much for your review. Yes, we are planning another room... ssssh it's a secret... Cheers